Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Prepare Electronic Payments: BPay payments

Experienced Cover User

80Posts

173Kudos

1Solutions

80 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

I currently use an ABA File to make multiple EFT payments and would love to be able to do the same with BPAY payments.  Would it be possible to add this as an option when setting up a Supplier's Payment details?  I have to enter each BPAY payment into the cheque account, then log onto the bank and enter each BPAY individually...very time consuming!  Thanks, Jenni

"Multiple BPAY Payments using an ABA File"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: August 2013

Thanks for the idea. We would love to hear from other users what you think. We encourage users to leave further comments and votes.

75 Comments
RalphMel
6 Posts
Cover User

Strange comment re "this option is not available with any bank in Australia."

The BPay web site has the following

Streamline your business with Batch payments

If your business makes multiple payments to one or more billers, then BPAY Batch payments are a fast and efficient solution. By compiling payments into a single batch file, you can process thousands of payments simultaneously, while keeping control of the timing and source of every transaction. This may also minimise manual processing and reduce administrative costs — all with the security and reliability of BPAY payments.

Contact your financial institution to learn more

NAB have file format for it. - NAB Connect Consolidated File Format Specifications March 2015

6 BPAY Batch
6.1 Functional Description
The BPAY Batch file can be sent to NAB until 5.00pm (AEST) at the latest for same day processing. Files
received after this cut-off time may be rejected and will need to be resubmitted the following Banking
Business Day with the Processing Date changed reflect that day’s details.
6.2 BPAY Batch file format
This file has fixed length record of 144 bytes.
The file extension is .bpb

Commbiz also have an option to import a BPay file.

About time this was catered for in MYOB, we are in the 21st century afer all and BPay has been around for a very long time.

gindi
10 Posts
Cover User

Yes. RalphMel is right.

I was notified by NAB today that they are accepting batch Bpay payments.

Bpay has this page on their website

http://www.bpay.com.au/Business/Large-Business/BPAY-Services/Batch-Payments.aspx

It lists the Financial Institutions currently offering the service as

* Commonwealth Bank

* HSBC

* Macquarie Bank

* National Australia Bank

* Westpac

I'd urge MYOB to talk to Bpay and the Banks about this. It's a great chance for innovaiton that saves MYOB users and their debtors and creditors a lot of time and provides convenience.

If you look at how Xero is forming relationships with Financial Instutions and continually updating their product, I believe this offers a great opportunity for MYOB to keep ahead of the curveball.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

HI @RalphMel and @gindi

Thank you for voting and providing your feedback in regards to this idea.  We are always interested to know what people do think of ideas on the AccountRight Idea Exchange. 

We are aware that most of the main banks do take BPAY payments and we are looking into investigating the options available to allow that feature into the program. Currently the idea is still marked as Under Consideration and we are still encouraging clients to vote and comment if required for this idea.

Christine10
Partner
2 Posts
Partner

I have so many clients asking for this as well. There are so many businesses that allow payment of invoices only by BPAY so this is becoming a really important feature of the software.

Please add this to an update.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Christine10

Thank you for your feedback and voting for this idea. I have shared your thoughts with the team.

GasitAccounts15
Contributing Cover User
10 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Lyn-769
2 Posts
Cover User

BPay payments to suppliers are becomeing a NIGHTMARE!!!!!!  They are taking more and more time every week as more suppliers are using BPay and the current system is timeconsuming and open to inaccuracies. I believe that MYOB is remiss in not updating AccountRightPlus to enable it to make payments to suppliers through an NAI file. The efficiency of our use of MYOB is being diminished considerably.

Tallie_M
4,461 Posts
Former Staff

Hi there @Lyn-769,

Thanks for your comment.

We have noticed that you have not actually voted for the idea, and do encourage you to do so, as the product development team do take into account the demand and popularity of ideas when assessing what their focus should be on.

Voting can be done by clicking on the '+ VOTE' option next to the subject heading.

RalphMel
6 Posts
Cover User

Wonder how may people realise that a vote is required to get this on the go.

The length of time this has been an "outstanding"  issue is a bloody joke, as per Lyn-769 this is essential due to the increased number of BPay suppliers. 

The fact that these payments is "not handled" by myob in any effective way is a discrace in 2015 considering the lenght of time these type of payments have been available through Australian banking system.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @RalphMel

Thank you for your comments in regards to this idea

The voting system on the MYOB Essentials Idea Exchange give the program development team a clear indication of the number of potential users of the MYOB Community that would like to see an idea included in the program. Comments and feedback are also read by the team however we do encourage members to vote for that clearer indication of their support.