Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Prepare GST Return: Rounding calculation

Contributing Cover User

24Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

24 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Can you please get the Prepare GST Return function fixed as soon as possible? The AR2013 repair team advised me that there is an issue with the way the GST is calculated which is the cause of the problems.

'Prepare GST Return calculations"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: June 2014

We are pleased to say this issue was corrected in our 2014.1 update.

9 Comments
jenniek
Ultimate Partner
2,917 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Can we please be advised on the forum what the problem is - I am not aware of any issues.

ELVS
Contributing Cover User
24 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Yep - apparently the GST return function calculates GST line by line rather than from the subtotal of each invoice or bill/spend money. This results in lots of rounding errors. The end result is that the GST paid and GST collected amounts are out. I noticed the problem when using this function for the first time (recently upgraded to AccountRight Standard 2013, latest version 2013.5) and reconciled it with manual method of GST calculation and with the MYOB GST reports (which calculate correctly). Tech supportcouldn't figure it out when I asked and escalated it to the next level who eventually identified the fault and have put through to development team for a fix, who knows when...

In the meantime I am completing my GST returns using the GST Summary – payments report (GST inclusive).

David_Cree
Ultimate Partner
1,158 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hello Rachelle,

Could you please explain what you are referring to when you say the GST Return function?

what exactly are you trying to do?

As I understand it the GST should be calculated line by line on an invoice and not by the invoice total. When a BAS is submitted you are only reporting in whole dollars any way so the odd cents do not matter at all.

cheers

David

jenniek
Ultimate Partner
2,917 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hi David,

Prepare GST returns is in the NZ version of MYOB - similar to BAS but not the same.

I too agree that the GST should calculate line by line - and there has always been rounding issues with the total Sales and total purchases.

Dan_Moulton
40 Posts
Former Staff
We have fixed this defect and it will be included in the next update. To clarify the issue there were some situations where the GST Return on a Cash Payments basis was incorrectly rounding GST on the line and again on the total meaning the Return and the Detail reports differed by small amounts. The issue was only occuring with Invoices which had partial payments and when reporting on Payments basis.
David_Cree
Ultimate Partner
1,158 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hello Jennie,

Many thanks for that clarification. My comment of course referred to the GST regieme in Oz.

cheers

David

jenniek
Ultimate Partner
2,917 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Thanks Dan for the clarification.

Kelly81
Experienced Cover User
260 Posts
Experienced Cover User

What version number is the next update you refer to?

by MYOB Product ManagerDan_Moulton on ‎23-01-2014 08:21 AM
We have fixed this defect and it will be included in the next update. To clarify the issue there were some situations where the GST Return on a Cash Payments basis was incorrectly rounding GST on the line and again on the total meaning the Return and the Detail reports differed by small amounts. The issue was only occuring with Invoices which had partial payments and when reporting on Payments basis.

Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff
We are pleased to say this issue was corrected in our 2014.1 update.