Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Print/Email Invoices: Email - Increase character limit

5Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

5 Posts
Partner
Australia

When emailing statements directly from MYOB, you are currently limited by the NUMBER of characters permitted in the default email information that gets sent with the statement (also same with invoices).

Outlook does not automatically add the Signature default, no matter if you select to include in ALL reply emails, when sending emails created from witin MYOB.

Solution:  Either to increase the number of characters permitted in the email default settings to allow messages to be included and/or outlook signatures including logos, or to better interact with Outlook (and other mail services) to attach the default signatures stored in Outlook (for example).

"Default Email Message Character Size Limit - Emailing Statements/Invoices"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: August 2012

Based on user feedback we increased the character limit for AccountRight 2011 to 4000, so thats gives plenty of room for any text you need to include with your emails. Hope this helps.

6 Comments
Dan_Moulton
40 Posts
Former Staff
Based on user feedback we increased the character limit for AccountRight 2011 to 4000, so thats gives plenty of room for any text you need to include with your emails. Hope this helps.
Victor2
2 Posts
User

I have account right plus v19.7 the character limit is useless and i cannot put the signature in the emails for anything. This needs to be changed. As it is creates labour intensive chores when it comes to sending invoices/ statements as i have to save the file to pdf and then attach it to the email. How come you did not increasethe limit in Account right plus v19.7? 

JasonHill
5,899 Posts
Former Staff

Victor2,

Thanks for your feedback. I'm sorry to hear that the character limit in v19 is inconveniencing you. While we still support v19, our development team's resources are now focused on our new platform.

We have put together new resources to help you decide whether you should upgrade to AccountRight 2012. The upgrade website includes information and videos exploring some of the main benefits of upgrading, the changes you will notice, and some of the issues that might mean it is better for you to remain with your current version of AccountRight for the time being. You will also find information and videos that help you prepare for the upgrade, with step-by-step tasks to follow. You can access the online resources using the link below.

Upgrading to the new AccountRight

All the best,

Jason Hill
Community Manager

lisameehan
Contributing Cover User
13 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Is it possible to increase the characters in the message section?

Tallie_M
4,461 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @lisameehan,

Thanks for your post. As this idea has already been suggested on the AccountRight Idea Exchange, I've merged it with the existing one. We'd encourage you to cast your vote for this idea by clicking on the thumbs up icon as well.

Cheers,

Tallie

MYOB Social Support

Kagan
1 Post
Cover User

Can I increase the character limit for Account Enterprise. It is very frustrating the small nnumber of characters. I recently changed from Office 13 to Office 365 and there are event less number of characters I can use. What can I do - very annoying.