Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Print/Email Invoices: Option to CC email address another email address

Cover User

2Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

2 Posts
Cover User
Australia

I would like to suggest that you make it possible to send an invoice to multiple people from the print/email screen. Maybe add a cc option. This would save having to send to one address, then going into the Sales screen and having to open up each individual invoice and resend.

Thanks.

"2 Email Recipients for Invoices"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: June 2015

Hi @GraemeH

I have remarked this idea as Under Consideration as requested. 

Currently, as have been mentioned , you are able to email invoices to multiple recipients via the Enter Sales window (you can also pick the email address from the card using the To box).  If you would like to email the invoices in bulk you can use add in the multiple email addresses onto the card as indicated and/or type in the email addresses using the semi colon.

I would encourage other users that you would like to see the option for the email address fields on the card to be added in as a list for the To be Emailed tab of the Print/Email Invoices window, allowing easier access to sending to mutliple recipients, to vote and comment if required for this idea.

11 Comments
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Sunshine4 

In the AccountRight 2013.5 or later versions you are able to email to multiple email address via the Sales>>Edit sales window. To do this go to Sales>>Sales Register>>Select your particular invoice - so that you have the Edit Sales window on screen. Select the Send to - Email option. Within this window you can select the TO button to add in a second email address from the card or manually type the email address in - don't forget to separate the addresses with a ; 

Attachments - Copy.PNG

You can also add in an attachment to the email as well.

Sunshine4
2 Posts
Cover User

Hi Steven_M,

Thank you for your reply,

Sorry maybe I wasnt very clear. What I am trying to do is send invoices in batches to 2 email addresses. They only way I can see how to send in batches is through the print/email screen. For example, send 10 invoices to john@smith.com and cc jane@smith.com at the same time. I hope that makes sense.

Thanks.

Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff

Hello @Sunshine4 

You can send emails to multiple people from the print/email invoices screen. You just need to type both addresses in the address field separated by a semi-colon.

PrintEmail.png

You can also save the addresses in your customer cards this way so that they come up with both addresses automatically.

EmailCard.png

GraemeH
5 Posts
Cover User

Your suggestion "You can send emails to multiple people from the print/email invoices screen. You just need to type both addresses in the address field separated by a semi-colon" is not an Option! its a quick patch & time waster for something that dosent work!

We need to be able to select from a list of email addresses for each customer, that list also needs to be editable, and updates when we send to a new address (like it used to do). i have over 1000 customer cards (not all of them are active but most are!) i cannot remember each of my customers email address or each department within each company, i am not going to continue to search/copy/paste... (sorry search/copy/ insert colon; /paste) my Outlook list of addresses every time i need to send an quote/invoice/statement. ANd its not acceptable or physically possible for my book-keeper to send out statements by cut and pasting every additional address!

Please come up with a real solution

Browne
3 Posts
Cover User

I agree, with GraemeH... this solution is a patch and not acceptable as a solution.  we are getting more clients who want invoices sent to their accounts team, and a copy to the project mangager for ALL INVOICES, it is not practicable to MANUALLY add these all the time. 

this is also not a practical soloution when we are sending a large number of invoices in a batch. 

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @GraemeH

I have remarked this idea as Under Consideration as requested. 

Currently, as have been mentioned , you are able to email invoices to multiple recipients via the Enter Sales window (you can also pick the email address from the card using the To box).  If you would like to email the invoices in bulk you can use add in the multiple email addresses onto the card as indicated and/or type in the email addresses using the semi colon.

I would encourage other users that you would like to see the option for the email address fields on the card to be added in as a list for the To be Emailed tab of the Print/Email Invoices window, allowing easier access to sending to mutliple recipients, to vote and comment if required for this idea.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Browne

Based on feedback, we have reviewed the idea and marked it as Under Consideration. We recommend that clients show their support by voting To vote for an idea select the + Vote button to the left of the idea's name.

ProduceCartons
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Hi, I use AccountRight Premier V19.11 and have been unable to email one invoice to more than one recipient by using the semi colon. The email just gets sent back to me as being undeliverable. Does this version not support this or is it something else?

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @ProduceCartons

Thank you for your enquiry

The AccountRight Classic range i.e. AccountRight version 19 doesn't allow for sending emails to multiple email addresses directly from the software. AccountRight 2013.5 and higher allows for that functionality.

I would recommend taking a look at Help Article: Upgrade to the new AccountRight for more information into the benefits and how to upgrade to AccountRight 2015

ProduceCartons
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Thanks Steven, I will look into that.