Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Print/Email Invoices: Print invoices alphabetically

Experienced Cover User

34Posts

36Kudos

1Solutions

34 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

We print approx 50-80 invoices per day then sort them alphabetically.  I would love to see an option to print them alphabetically.

"'Printing invoices Alphabetically"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: September 2016

Hi Everyone 

With the release of AccountRight 2016.1 the printing of invoices (and statements) are now completed by the way in which they are sorted in the Print/Email window.

For more information into obtaining AccountRight 2016.1 please see AccountRight 2016.1 now available

28 Comments
Lesley242Anne
1 Post
Cover User

I have only upgraded this weekend and am very disappointed that the Statements are printing all over the place.  It is inefficient to my work place and makes it harder to choose print & emails if they are not all being done at the same time.  LAD

Dale
MYOB Staff
43 Posts
MYOB Staff

The statements will be printed in the order in which they appear in the list.  If you would like them to be printed in alphabetical order you can click the 'Customer' column header and all the statements will be sorted on screen.  Then select the ones you want to print, they will be printed in the order that they appear.

I think it would be logical in the software to sort this list alphabetically by default in the future to avoid an extra click which can often be forgotten.

I hope you find this helpful.

Sinclair
Experienced Cover User
34 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Thanks Dale,

Which version is this in? We are using 19.7 at the moment and I can't select the customer header.

Regards

Miranda

Dale
MYOB Staff
43 Posts
MYOB Staff

I am sorry I thought you were refering to AccountRight 2012, in AccountRight 19.7 the customers should already be sorted alphabetically, I just did a test myself and they printed out alphabetically.  Perhaps I can have someone in our support team contact you and see if they can help you out.

Sinclair
Experienced Cover User
34 Posts
Experienced Cover User

HI Dale,

Sorry, I think you replied to the second comment.  I am talking about invoices, not statements.

Our statements do print alphabetically.

Regards

Miranda

Dale
MYOB Staff
43 Posts
MYOB Staff

Hi Miranda, yes you are right I was replying to the post re. Statements.

You are correct in version 19 invoices are sorted by invoice number.  I believe this is also still an issue in AR2012, we will look at changing this in a future release.

Sorry for the confusion.

JasonHill
5,899 Posts
Former Staff

Cover User

We have a customer base of about 300 and customers may have a number of invoices per month. We print all of our invoices for the month at the end of that period and then match up with the Statement. For the last 20 years we have had to print them out and physically sort them into alphabetical order to match up with the Statement!! I am over it as it is time consuming and tedious. If MYOB can print Statements in alphabetical order and we can see the invoices in order on the screen-why cant we print them?

It seems to be such a simple idea and would save us so much time and agro at the end of every month. Please fix!!!

Kerin
4 Posts
User

I agree, it is so frustrating having to sort hundreds of invoices at the end of the month.

At least give the option of date order or alphabetical order.

Great suggestion let's hope someone out there is listening !!

PeterLister
Experienced Cover User
15 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I agree, although I have a different problem, I simply want to print invoices in number order, it seems that it doesnt matter wether I have them sorted by Invoice No ...  Invoice date .... customer or even amount (not that I would on amount), they print randomly, the old program printed by invoice number, I am constantly sorting and checking that nothings being missed on a daily basis.

Was on hold to support whilst typing this, just got off the phone and to my amazement there is no default printing sort order (at least I now know i'm not going mad) it just prints randomly, I would have thought that at least the order would be the order in which they were raised.... but no.

I am told this has been passed on to the support team, but the fact that this important aspect was missed in the first place suggest that maybe I shouldnt hold my breath waiting for a fix.