Partner Zone

Share your ideas for improving the new AccountRight. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Print/Email Pay slips: Password protected

Cover User

1Posts

28Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
Cover User
Australia

Our wish item is for the PDF pay slip that is attached to emailed pays to be password protected.  Apparently the NZ payroll software (which I understand is a separate piece of software to AccountRight Enterprise) supports passwords.  In this age of increased privacy and security it would help put our employees minds at ease.  Thanks for your consideration of this valuable feature.

"Password protected payslips for AccountRight Enterprise"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: December 2013

Thanks for the idea PayrollRob. I can certainly see how having a password on PDF payslips would add an extra layer of security for employees. We would love to hear what other users think about this. Please add a vote if you would like to see this added.

14 Comments
ASWatCR
Partner
243 Posts
Partner

This  would be very useful feature.

Barry_C
MYOB Staff
2,948 Posts
MYOB Staff
Thanks for the idea PayrollRob. I can certainly see how having a password on PDF payslips would add an extra layer of security for employees. We would love to hear what other users think about this. Please add a vote if you would like to see this added.
Lorkin12
Experienced Cover User
40 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I think it would be a great idea if you could come up with some way of emailing payslips via PDF (as we can already do) and have a provision to add a password so that it protects anyone else opening the attachment.

Thanks

Pamela

Naomi_Roskell
Partner
157 Posts
Partner

Could it be extended to include all AccountRight products with Payroll functionality?

jacqui22
1 Post
Cover User

This would be a great feature !!! It would definitely add extra security for employees.

Tallie_M
4,461 Posts
Former Staff

Hi there @Naomi_Roskell and @jacqui22,

We do most certainly agree that such a feature would be excellent to see in the software, and is one that I'm sure would be of a benefit to a lot of clients out there. Having this implemented across all AccountRight products with Payroll would be ideal.

Anyone else who would like to see this incorporated into future versions of the product, please vote for the idea by selecting the '+VOTE' button next ot the subject heading.

Kindest,

Tallie

Kelly81
Experienced Cover User
260 Posts
Experienced Cover User

This doesn't apply to me but the developers would need to take into account that the employee has to be able to open the payslip no matter what operating system or mobile device they might be using.

Phul
1 Post
Cover User

Agree 100%. I have seen it work with a company that resells the MYOB product with additional enhancements. I thinks password protecting of payslips is something that MYOB needs to look at with some urgency.

hidaccountants
1 Post
Cover User

yes, it would be a great feature to be added to MYOB.

MicheleB
Experienced Cover User
13 Posts
Experienced Cover User