Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales: Enter Sales - Ability to select packing slip for printing

Cover User

1Posts

43Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
Cover User
New Zealand

Before the last upgrade we were able to print a packing slip without printing the invoice first. This has changed and now we have to print the invoice to be able to print the packing slip. The issue I have with this is most of our customers have their invoice emailed to them which means we are throwing away the printed invoice, which is a waste of paper and toner. Can it be changed back to the old system?

"Print packing slip from edit invoice window"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: April 2015

Hi there @Mike_James and @CBS001,

Thanks for that feedback. While the option to print a packing slip without the invoice is already a feature available in the software, we do agree that perhaps there may be improvements that can be made to the process to provide our clients with a more efficient method (such as implementing an option to print packing slips straight from the order/invoice window).

As such, I have changed the status as undergoing consideration. Anyone else who would like to see this incorporated within the program, please comment and vote by selecting the '+ VOTE' button next to the subject header.

Kindest,

Tallie

34 Comments
MdAmtech
4 Posts
Cover User

Hi there,

In our business (and I am sure in many others) we like to have a hard copy of the packing slip with the goods. After the goods are delivered successfully we then send the customer the invoice via email. In some cases it can be a few days between printing the packing slip and invoicing the customer (to allow for any delays/changes). 

The software currently does not allow you to have the invoice delivery status as 'to be emailed' and print a copy of the packing slip (unless of course you have the invoice status as to be emailed and printed which means you have to also print a copy of the invoice). 

I would like the option of being able to print the packing slip (only packing slip-not print a copy of the invoice) and then later email the Tax Invoice to the customer. 

I hope this feature can be included in a future version of the software as I believe it would be used by multiple businesses who use hard copy of packing slips and electronic copies of invoice. 

Regards,

Mikayla 

Comp-Eng
7 Posts
Cover User

Yes its silly you cant just print the packing slip.

I currently:

- Turn order into invoice

- Select print, when the print screen comes up, select print to PDF.

- when it asks for destination folder, i select Cancel.

- The prompt for print packing slip still comes up, Select print as you normaly do..

Then!

Myob closes the sale......... This is stupid..

So you have to re-enter the invoice number to bring the sale up.

- then i email the invoice to client.

I don't underastand why you cant record the sale (window stays open), print what you want (invoice, packing slip ore both) and then email to client all in the one action..

Frank_La Delfa
Experienced Partner
21 Posts
Experienced Partner

Hi there

Just wondering if there is a solution for being able to do this with the current version of MYOB AR Live.

I have a client that requires this and has also asked MYOB support on previous occasions and to date has not been given any solution.

It was possible to print packing slips without having to print sales invoices in older versions ie pre AR Live.

So why can't this be included in the next product update?

Regards

Frank La Delfa

SUSIEMT64
3 Posts
User

I too would like to see this