Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Payroll: Process Payroll - Add payroll category

Contributing Partner

15Posts

83Kudos

0Solutions

15 Posts
Contributing Partner
Australia

During processing of a pay, I sometimes need to add a category that the employee may have not needed before.  I can understand not being able to delete a category from a card whilst a pay is being processed but we need to be able to add please  Smiley Happy

'Add payroll category whilst processing pay"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: November 2013

Many thanks for all your votes and comments. We are pleased that you can now add a payroll category to an employee pay during a pay run in AccountRight 2013.4. To make this even easier we have added an "Add Payroll Category' button to the employee pay screen inside payroll so that you will be able to do this right within the workflow. We hope you like it.

8 Comments
lyndor1
Experienced Cover User
63 Posts
Experienced Cover User

You cant even change it if you go out of payroll and save that payment so you can change a catagory and still continue to do the pays altogether. Please implement this suggestion.

Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff
Thank you for your suggestion Natty. this would certainly make the payroll process more flexible and is certainly a popular suggestion. If anyone else would find this useful, please cast your vote for this idea.
donkeybrothers
Contributing Partner
13 Posts
Contributing Partner

I find it frustrating coming from v19 that you can't add a payroll category to an employee that is being used within a pay.

Could this functionality please be added soon?

Dale
MYOB Staff
43 Posts
MYOB Staff
This is a great suggestion and as part of the payroll speed up work we have implemented it. So in the next release of AccountRight Live currently scheduled for mid November you will be able to add a payroll category to an employee pay during a pay run. To make this even easier we have added an "Add Payroll Category' button to the employee pay screen inside payroll so that you will be able to do this right within the workflow. I hope you will like this new feature, thanks for your votes and keep the ideas coming.
JasonHill
5,899 Posts
Former Staff
Many thanks for all your votes and comments. We are pleased that you can now add a payroll category to an employee pay during a pay run in AccountRight 2013.4. To make this even easier we have added an "Add Payroll Category' button to the employee pay screen inside payroll so that you will be able to do this right within the workflow. We hope you like it.
Raelene
Experienced Cover User
33 Posts
Experienced Cover User

It would be handy is you were able to add a payroll catagory, eg holiday pay, to an employees card at the time of processing payroll.

I have been able to do this in the 19.10 version before and it is very frustating that you are not able to do this in the 2014.4 version.  the only way I was able to do this is to finalise the payroll and go back in to add this in.  

Leaph
Trusted Cover User
50 Posts
Trusted Cover User

We are using 2014.4 and have the Add Payroll Category window but it won't let us add a brand new payroll category.  We often have to add site allowances after we have started the payroll.  We have tried adding the site allowance through another user and it shows up on the employee's wages list in their card but doesn't come up on their active payroll window nor does it show up on the Add Payroll category list.  The only way we have been able to get around this is to process all the completed pays and go back in to do a separate run for the employee with the new site allowance.  Not a very efficient way to do it, I know, but it works.  Could we please have the option to add a brand new payroll category?  We used to be able to do it in AccountRight V19.10.  Thank you

Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff

Thanks for your feedback @Leaph. The changes we've implemented allow you to use an existing payroll category not assigned to that employee when processing a payroll. If you'd like the ability to create a new payroll category while processing pay and add it permanently to the employee card, I recommend that you raise a new idea for this. This will allow other users to vote for your idea and for us to track how popular this idea is.