Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Purchases: Paid Today Payment Method

Cover User

1Posts

34Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
Cover User
Australia
New
New

Would love to see a drop menu where you can select a payment method in the Enter Purchases screen and the Paid Today box.  It only defaults to cheque so have to go out and process payment separately if paid by credit card for example, the option to enter in one screen would save heaps of time.

"Enter purchase and payment in one screen"

8 Comments
mulgra
Trusted Cover User
23 Posts
Trusted Cover User

It would be nice to be able to add some details when you pay a bill in the Enter Purchases window - I know you can say "Paid Today" but not with any level of detail i.e. EFT or cheque reference number, or method of payment (cash, cheque, EFT).

We often pay bills immediately to obtain settlement discounts, and this would save a lot of time.

Linda Gregor

Mulhall & Close Narrandera Pharmacy

Julie_B
Trusted User
230 Posts
Trusted User

Hi Linda - yes I know what you mean.

Having the payment as a default cheque number only seems a bit outdated now as nearly all my clients use internet banking - however, even if paying via pay bills, would still be nice to be able to default the cheque number to something of our choice, eg, dc for direct credit (particularly if not uploading via electronic payments and doing manually) rather than having to type dc in the cheque number every time.  

phillipsharp
Contributing Cover User
11 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Can we bump this idea up the List? What a time saver!!!

phillipsharp
Contributing Cover User
11 Posts
Contributing Cover User

and let's put it in the sales side too!  woo - we can save hours and hours and hours...

phillipsharp
Contributing Cover User
11 Posts
Contributing Cover User

or even adding a default account option to each 'payment method' rather than the 1 default for customer reciepts or paying bills?

ozzieslab
7 Posts
Cover User

This is such a basic idea i cant believe it is not already done. Any movement on this update MYOB ?

Lowman
1 Post
User

Has anything further come of this idea.  Would certainly save a lot of time as very few purchases are by cheque.

Sean_DC
MYOB Moderator
702 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Thank you for your suggestion. We'll relay your idea/feedback to the relevant team.