Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Purchases: Change category on closed Bills

Cover User

5Posts

16Kudos

0Solutions

5 Posts
Cover User
Australia

Hi MYOB,

It would be great if you were able to change categories of a purchases even after the bill has been paid. You can do it before you make a payment but once the payment is made then you cannot change it.

Very frustrating.

Thanks
Marco.

"Changing Categories of paid bills"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: October 2013

Hi Marco, Thank you for your feedback. Currently the program is designed to not allow any changes to Bills / Invoices with payments applied to them. This applies to all transactions that have had any transaction (like a Pay Bills on a Bill, Electronic Payment of a Payroll transaction) applied to it. We request others who would like this change to please Vote on this idea.

13 Comments
Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff
Hi Marco, Thank you for your feedback. Currently the program is designed to not allow any changes to Bills / Invoices with payments applied to them. This applies to all transactions that have had any transaction (like a Pay Bills on a Bill, Electronic Payment of a Payroll transaction) applied to it. We request others who would like this change to please Vote on this idea.
MarcoSchena
5 Posts
Cover User

Thanks MYOB,

Perhaps a good work around is to give the user the option in the security settings to be able to or not to.

See how you go.

Marco.

DaveL
1 Post
Cover User

I can't believe this issue hasn't been addressed yet, the above post was made in October 2013 and now its November 2016, Marco's suggestion above would seem logical.

BBCR
1 Post
User

I would really like to be able to change a supplier category once a bill has been closed.

It seems strange that you can change a Job, GST code, Date etc, but not a category.

We use categories widely and would really benefit from this change

EmmaK1
1 Post
User

I would like to be able to update a category before and after an invoice or sale has been settled. For someone starting out using categories, I have learnt that it is extremely difficult going back if something has had a category missed.

LisaNo
3 Posts
User

this is a joke, of course we need to be able to alter a category after the transaction has been paid etc.  And to ask us to vote is a disgrace, it is a fault in your program so please fix it.

Heidi_Allclear
3 Posts
Cover User

I agree it is something that would definitely benefit us too. Otherwise when doing EOM transactions that haven't been allocated to a category, it is a lot of work to adjust.

Please fix this.

Thank you.

Leneth_A
MYOB Moderator
2,009 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi all, Thank you for your suggestion in regards to Changing the category on closed Bills. We're always interested to hear how we can improve your workflow. Your ideas and feedback are greatly appreciated. We'll relay your idea/feedback to the relevant team.

LisaNo
3 Posts
User

I do believe that MYOB have said practically the exact same thing years ago, see start of thread.  It is not good enough, one method to track in MYOB is useless unless it is changeable.  I cannot see what is stopping you?  It is bad enough that we need to rely on the public for HELP, MYOB clearly feel they are better suited to answer questions?  That is one sad statement, tantamount to....our staff can't help you, or we don't pay people to help anyone, here search it yourself, ask another user...  then  you respond with this rubbish, years on from someone asking for this to change.  not good enough

SteveGPL
1 Post
User

If the system does not allow you to change the category, how are you supposed to correct an input error on a closed bill? We have had a substantial amount of bills inpuyt by a new employee with the incorrect category - and we must get it correct now - how??