Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Purchases: Don't carry Supplier Invoice Number across to Backorder purchases

Experienced Cover User

16Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

16 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

First: I am using AccountRight Enterprise v19.9 - So this may have been fixed but because MYOB havn't done any updates to the program for 2-3 years apart from compliance updates, then I wouldn't know!

When Billing a partial PO, the suppliers invoice number should NOT carry over to the new PO created where the remaining back ordered items remain.

It confuses things in reports and often means that the new invoice number isn’t entered because people see a number in there and they just skip over it when billing those remaining back ordered items.

"Dont carry over the suppliers invoice numbers in back ordered purcahses"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: October 2013

Thank you for your suggestion. It would be great to hear some feedback from the community to see if they would like to see this changed too, so please remember to vote and comment if you'd like to see it.

2 Comments
Matthew_W
MYOB Staff
2,173 Posts
MYOB Staff
Thank you for your suggestion. It would be great to hear some feedback from the community to see if they would like to see this changed too, so please remember to vote and comment if you'd like to see it.
DVine
Partner
2 Posts
Partner

When I PART  receive inventory items in, and allocate a supplier invoice number, after turning it from a PO to an invoice for the items I did receive, it puts that same supplier invoice number on the PO which is left in the system witth the the backordered items on it.  I want to keep the same PO, but when the items do come in on a different supplier invoice number at a later date, the first invoice number is on the PO, and it is really hard to keep track of invoices.

In a nutsell, no supplier invoice number should carry over with a backorder PO, as the stock is on backorder, and doesnt have a supplier invoice number until the stock is supplied, and the supplier gives you an invoice!!

Has been the bain of my life for the last 5 years, and creates so much double checking and confusion!!

Please please please fix it!!!