Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Purchases: Purchase No. - extended character limit (8)

Cover User

1Posts

55Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
Cover User
Australia

Why is the purchase order number field only 8 digits, yet the invoice number is longer?  It is annoying when entering purchase orders that are longer as they get cut off after 8 digits.  Can this be fixed to enable longer purchase orders to be entered?

"entering purchase order numbers"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: February 2023

Hi Everyone

With the release of AccountRight 2020.2, users can enter up to 13 characters in the Purchase No. field for a Purchase.

29 Comments
slychiu
8 Posts
User

We have been using Premier for many years beccause of the Mutlicurrency and Inventory/Autobuild features which are very important for a manufacturer. We are using Premier v12.

Invoices/PO numbers should allow more characters, 10 characters would be useful

Betabiz
Experienced Cover User
60 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi

It would be great if this box could have a PO Reference longer than 8 characters.  Something for a later release perhaps??

Thanks

Bianca

PO.jpg
West01
3 Posts
Cover User

It would be great if we can have the purchase number field (Entering purchases) extended to be able to add more than 8 digits.  Most of my Invoices I received from suppliers, their invoice numbers are more than 8 digits long.

Therefore, I can't enter in the whole number, only part of it.  Very Frustrating!!!!

TonyLane
Ultimate Cover User
2,847 Posts
Ultimate Cover User

Hi Donna,

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum.

I may have misunderstood you but a Supplier's Invoice Number is entered into the "Supplier Inv No:" field and it is limited to 20 characters long, not 8 digits as you have suggested, however the "Purchase No.:" field is limited to 8 characters; please refer to the following image:-

Supplier Invoice Identifier Limitation.jpg

Coolcene
Experienced Cover User
16 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I agree

JasonHill
5,899 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Coolcene 

Thanks for your feedback. Please also click the + Vote icon next to this idea's title to register your vote for the idea.

All the best,

Jason Hill
Community Manager

Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff
Thanks for the excellent suggestion. Anyone else who would like to see the purchase order number field on purchases extended beyond 8 characters, please cast your vote here. Our development team will consider this suggestion. In the meantime Sainter, one work-around is to record the last 8 digits of your purchase order as the purchase order number in AccountRight, then adding the full extended purchase order number onto the end of the journal memo. To search for purchases by the extended purchase order number, go to find transactions and click the accounts tab. Select search by ‘all accounts, then click advanced filters. Enter the extended purchase order number in the Memo/Payee field and click OK.
Fairlady
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Can the development team also fix this field to only accept the fixed number of characters like it did in v19 as so much time is wasted have to count back to eight. Thanks

JB1551JB
Experienced Partner
38 Posts
Experienced Partner

I'm with you Fairlady - as it is frustrating to go all the way to the end and then have the error pop up  Thanks 

TLK
Experienced Cover User
13 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Would like more than 8 characters for Purchase Order in purchases