Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Purchases: Show tracking status of non-inventoried transactions i.e. Part Order, Received, Received in full

Cover User

7Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

7 Posts
Cover User
Australia
New
New

Hi,

If you don't use the Track Inventory feature on AccountRight (which is impossible with our type of business), currently the only way to track if a supplier purchase order has been received or not is to convert the purchase order to a bill.

However this has created the following problem;

Our accounts team often receives an electronic invoice for an order before the order has been received. So accounts enter the supplier bill and matches it to the relevant purchase order. Then some bills are received hard-copy with the order as it arrives. This means half the supplier bills matched to a purchase have been received and half haven't - causing great confusion for our purchasing/stock control team.

There is nowhere the purchasing/stock control team can look up that gives a current overview of what orders have actually been received or not.

I am proposing a simple tickbox or idealy a dropdown box (showing options such as Undelivered, Part Order Received, Received in Full) that displays on the Purchases Register screen in the All Purchases Tab.

This way it doesn't matter whether the purchase order has been converted to a bill or not, but can be seen at a glance if the order has been received or not.

It is unfair to all those users out there like myself who track stock periodically and don't have access to the Recieve Items feature.

PLEASE ACTION THIS SUGGESTION ASAP - I'M SURE THERE IS MANY OTHER USERS WITH THIS SAME FRUSTRATION

"Tracking if Orders Received or Not, whilst not using the Track Inventory Feature"

1 Comment
Swifty
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I agree with the above, this is vital in our busy knowing when orders have turned up and what has not.  We can't inventory screws nuts bolts glue etc, its just not viable but we need to know if only part of the order has been received.