Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Purchases: Stop data entry when field has reached character limit

Experienced Cover User

39Posts

53Kudos

0Solutions

39 Posts
Experienced Cover User

When I am entering data in a field that has restricted number of characters MYOB doesn't stop me from entering past these number of characters. Instead I can just keep typing and error messages appear once i move to the next field. 

Can you please change it so that if i can only enter 8 or 256 characters then it doesn't keep typing once i exceed these characters?

"Warnings for exceeding number of characters"

myob.jpg
Current Status: Done
Last Changed: November 2017

Hi Everyone

With the release of AccountRight 2017.2, the character limit on the Purchase No: and Journal memo fields on the Enter Purchase window are enforced. This does mean that once the character limit ( 8 for Purchase No, 255 for Journal memo) is reached data entry for that field will stop.

You can find out more information about this change and other changes, including information on obtaining AccountRight 2017.2 from AccountRight 2017.2 now available.

4 Comments
Fairlady
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User

This has been a problem since MYOB was upraded people have been asking for this to be fixed. It  should be an easy fix "Please" can it be done....from a data entry point of view very frustrating and time consuming as you have to keep going back and counting back to "Eight Digits".....not efficiant !!!!

Fairlady
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User

This has been a problem since MYOB was upraded people have been asking for this to be fixed. It  should be an easy fix "Please" can it be done....from a data entry point of view very frustrating and time consuming as you have to keep going back and counting back to "Eight Digits".....not efficiant !!!!

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

Great to see people supporting this particular idea.

We are looking into enforcing the character limit on the Enter Purchase window for the Purchase No and Journal Memo window, so that data entry values will stop after reaching that limit

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

With the release of AccountRight 2017.2, the character limit on the Purchase No: and Journal memo fields on the Enter Purchase window are enforced. This does mean that once the character limit ( 8 for Purchase No, 255 for Journal memo) is reached data entry for that field will stop.

You can find out more information about this change and other changes, including information on obtaining AccountRight 2017.2 from AccountRight 2017.2 now available.