Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Purchases: Warning for duplicate Purchase Order No.

Experienced Cover User

29Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

29 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

HI There

I am finding that the warning for Duplicate suppler invoices is not showing until I press record on the transaction. Then Ihave to go back into the purchase register, find the duplicate invoice and delete it. I have "Warn for duplicate purchase orders and supplier invoices" selected in my preferences. 

Can you please let me know how to make sure this warning is shown prior to recording the transaction?

Thanks

Chantal

"Duplicate Supplier Invoices in 2015.3 warning not displaying"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: December 2016

Hi Everyone

AccountRight 2016 will now promptly warn the user that a duplicate Purchase Order/Supplier Order Number has been entered. A warning will be displayed to the left of the field to indicate to the user that it has been used.

Attachments.PNG

6 Comments
HeatherDBS
Experienced Cover User
126 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I discovered this today too. My setting is also correct. The warning briefly appears as an exclamation mark but the transaction continues to record with no chance to cancel it. I have voted for this. Seems rather urgent to me.

HeatherDBS
Experienced Cover User
126 Posts
Experienced Cover User

@Chantal76, we can't be the only ones with this issues - have you found a workaround or a fix?

Chantal76
Experienced Cover User
29 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi @HeatherDBS

The only workaround I have is to run a list of all supplier invoices for the month and sort by supplier number. That way i dump into excel and can find duplicates to delete. Not ideal, but the only way i have worked out yet. 

Chantal

HeatherDBS
Experienced Cover User
126 Posts
Experienced Cover User

@Chantal76

Thanks for the reply.

Coincidentally, We just upgraded to the 2016.1 version and this has been fixed. Smiley Happy Big yellow pop up on screen. I should have checked before adding another comment earlier.

Chantal76
Experienced Cover User
29 Posts
Experienced Cover User

@HeatherDBS ahh... that's on my agenda for tomorrow. Thanks for the info! 

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

AccountRight 2016 will now promptly warn the user that a duplicate Purchase Order/Supplier Order Number has been entered. A warning will be displayed to the left of the field to indicate to the user that it has been used.

Attachments.PNG