Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Purge: Cards

Experienced Cover User

39Posts

378Kudos

0Solutions

39 Posts
Experienced Cover User
New Zealand

It would be great if there was a way of bulk deleting, or bulk merging of unused cards and especially items. 

"Bulk deleting of cards or items'

Delete cards

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: June 2014

Thanks for the great suggestion Helen. Anyone who would like to be able to hide, merge or delete unused cards or items in bulk, please cast your vote here. Also if you have suggestions on how this feature could work (such as the excellent verification suggestion left by Kelly81 above), please make a comment here.

41 Comments
Kelly81
Experienced Cover User
260 Posts
Experienced Cover User

There would need to be away to verify what records are being deleted first...

Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff
Thanks for the great suggestion Helen. Anyone who would like to be able to hide, merge or delete unused cards or items in bulk, please cast your vote here. Also if you have suggestions on how this feature could work (such as the excellent verification suggestion left by Kelly81 above), please make a comment here.
phatty
Contributing User
10 Posts
Contributing User

you could have it on the export data sheet so you could use it on a excel spread sheet, like the way we have to do bulk inactive files ect. then you could save 2 copys under different names/files incase you needed to go back to the previous file. 

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @phatty 

Thanks for the feedback in regards how we would accomplish this feature. Its has been passed on with the idea thanks.

MishyB
Experienced Cover User
12 Posts
Experienced Cover User

am using Account Right Plus 2015.3 and have rolled over to 15/16. 

Since I no longer have any control of purging data I am still stuck with over 50 obsolete employee cards.

Yes i have made them inactive, yes put a z in front so they all drop to bottom and yes changed the employment basis to other but why are they still not able to be deleted since they have been inactive since 2011.

If MYOB are not going to let me delete them, then at least do something to stop ANY inactive cards showing in ANY drop down lists, ANY payroll category selections and ANY reports.

Same with supplier cards.... I keep copies of old files, I do not need obsolete information to stay in the active year file forever.  If you are not going to let me choose what information is kept in rollovers then at least do something about being able to get rid of VERY OLD information... driving me nuts every rollover.

I don't want bulk deletions neccessarily - just to be able to purge and delete as I could on premier.

David_Cree
Ultimate Partner
1,158 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hello Michelle,

I would resolve this issue for your Suppliers by using the Combine Cards feature in MYOB.

Firstly create a new card named something like ZOLD SUPPLIERS, and use this to combine all your old supplier cards. for furthur details see these Support Notes -

http://myobaustralia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/11113/kw/11113

http://help.myob.com/wiki/display/ar/Combining+cards

This method will not work for Employee Cards however.

You can also use this for old and duplicate Accounts.

http://help.myob.com/wiki/display/ar/Combining+accounts

Cheers

David

David_Cree
Ultimate Partner
1,158 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Michelle,

Further to my earlier reply, while you could purge old transactions in Premier Classic v19 & earlier, you could not then delete the card.

Cheers

David

G_I
Experienced Partner
42 Posts
Experienced Partner

We have over 800 items that we've added to MYOB over time, and we've included a prefix to the Item Number.

We would now like to remove the prefix from these existing products.

eg: the item number is HW-123456 and we want to remove the HW- from all the items.

It isn't really feasible to do this manually one by one, and it seems like i can't do this using the bulk import/export function in MYOB and making the modifications in a spreadsheet and re-importing them. Is there an efficient way to do this? Otherwise please accept this as a request.

fordtman
Experienced Partner
25 Posts
Experienced Partner

Why don't you allow very old product records to be removed even when they have an invalid stock quantity set. You can set quantity to zero but you cannot delete it from the dtabase because there are now journal entries for the product.

KIA
3 Posts
Cover User

MYOB Live is running very slow and a suggestion was to have a smaller Card File this may help quicken the program.

At present the only solution, seems to be to get rid of old card files, is delete each one separately. A suggestion to MYOB developers, as some if not all clients using MYOB, this would be very time consuming. A purge which is date (to/from) activated and/or Card ID activated would be very helpful.

Thank you