Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Purge: Cards

Experienced Cover User

39Posts

378Kudos

0Solutions

39 Posts
Experienced Cover User
New Zealand

It would be great if there was a way of bulk deleting, or bulk merging of unused cards and especially items. 

"Bulk deleting of cards or items'

Delete cards

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: June 2014

Thanks for the great suggestion Helen. Anyone who would like to be able to hide, merge or delete unused cards or items in bulk, please cast your vote here. Also if you have suggestions on how this feature could work (such as the excellent verification suggestion left by Kelly81 above), please make a comment here.

41 Comments
NoelS
3 Posts
Cover User

Great idea, most employees wont return especially those who were dismissed, left town, city, or country or those (like my wife) who have passed away. Simply ticking the inactive box on the employee card is not really acceptable.

Greyarea
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User

We update our MYOB customer file by importing from Filemaker. When a mistake in data matching is made we can have hundreds of incorrect cards to delete. Using 2019 MYOB AccountRight in the cloud it takes 20 seconds per individual card to delete - time-consuming.

BStevens
Experienced Cover User
12 Posts
Experienced Cover User

oh my that would be amazing to delete multiple cards at once... we have thousands of customer and supplier cards that need deleting dating back to 2000 and i have to click on each one and slowly by slowly delete individually.... very slow and tedious job

Greyarea
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Yes, our MYOB file is clogged with customers from the last 20 years, including some duplicates put there by mistake. So frustrating that we can't select them from a list for a mass delete, the individual process takes so long.

SPlanCHLOE
Experienced Cover User
19 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Seems this is a popular idea....any news MYOB when we will get this?

BIRD_PLACE
Experienced Cover User
29 Posts
Experienced Cover User

HAVING USED ACCOUNT RIGHT LIVE FOR A FEW YEARS NOW I HAVE A LIST OF ITEMS - SUPPLIERS - CUSTOMERS THAT I WOULD LIKE TO DELETE

I HAVE MADE THEM INACTIVE BUT WOULD REALLY LIKE THEM GONE COMPLETELY

CAN THIS BE ADDED TO A FUTURE UPDATE

leibholdqpbc
Experienced User
58 Posts
Experienced User

On thing you can do is create a new item/customer card - I called mine Trash
Then you cam merge the unwanted cards with that card.

BIRD_PLACE
Experienced Cover User
29 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I also have this issue

MattB78
2 Posts
User

I need this option too.  Also when updating prices in MYOB it's impossible to change the price to exGST using the bulk import.  If you update the price to exGST, then uncheck the field "Sell Price Inclusive" on the upload template, MYOB upload just ignores the update for "Sell Price Inclusive" as there is no information in that field.  This should be changed to a Y/N option so it can be updated.

Wynn
Experienced Cover User
26 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I so agree. It's hard to delete former employees - even if it's over five years since they worked for a company. Even if it's over ten years - they cannot be deleted!! This is crazy. 

I especially would like to be able to delete the WIP time billing records. e.g. some hours can not be billed to a client but they still hang in the records cluttering it up and making it hard to use Time Billing. 

Even inactive clients (for ten years) still have hours attached to some jobs and there's no way I will ever get time to work through ten years of timesheet hours which are now in the WIP Time Billing records - even for inactive jobs and inactive clients.

It is frustrating.

Even purging does not get rid of them.

* I wish MYOB could arrange some way - even if it involves a technicians direct assistance - of deleting old records.