Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Purge: (Invoice) Transactions

Trusted Cover User

103Posts

126Kudos

5Solutions

103 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia

In the Classic V19 we could purge data anytime after closing of the financial year end and there are reasons why old data is retain then purged at a later date.

As a manufacturer's warranty agent we need to retain stock on hand then invoice the stock back to the manufacturer quoting their Invoice Number and actual cost price paid. We still have stock on hand going as far back as May 2012 and can not purge the data until stock is used.

This feature would be great for these kind of senarios, please consider bringing back purging of old data.

"Purging old data"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: April 2015

Thank you @Mags for your feedback in regards to purging in the new version. We are always looking for new/old features that clients want to see in AccountRight Live. Anyone that would like to see this feature brought back into the software please comment and vote.

Kind regards,

Kat

MYOB Client Support 

15 Comments
jonesjones
Experienced Cover User
22 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I have been onto MYOB support about this today and they say that there is no need to purge old data as the new versions dont grow the file sizes as fast.

As our file is now over 500mb and incredibly slow even on a brand new computer I would love to be able to remove old data to to see if that helps.

KattC
790 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you @Mags for your feedback in regards to purging in the new version. We are always looking for new/old features that clients want to see in AccountRight Live. Anyone that would like to see this feature brought back into the software please comment and vote.

Kind regards,

Kat

MYOB Client Support 

Carwil
2 Posts
Cover User

I want the ability to selectively purge old data before a year-end rollover to be reinstated in Accountright.  You can still do it in v 19.5

SEMPlumb
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Please, please please allow us to purge in Accountright Live.  I have old invoices from 2004 that I can't get rid of and my accountant has said that my file is huge.  I need a way to shrink the file down.

Tallie_M
4,461 Posts
Former Staff

Hi there @jonesjones and @SEMPlumb,

Thank you very much for your comments.

We do encourage you to vote for this idea by clicking on the '+ VOTE' option next to the subject heading. This allows us to get a better guage of the popularity of the different ideas and suggestions, and also increases the chances of the idea being implemented in the software.

Cheers,

Tallie

Chris_SEIT
Partner
1 Post
Partner

I have a number of customers with files that are twice the size since the upgrade and there is no way to reduce the file size without starting a new file!

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Chris_SEIT

Thank you for your feedback in regards to AccountRight

I've merged your idea with this similar idea already included on the AccountRight Idea Exchange.

dyann
Experienced Cover User
111 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I couldn't agree more.

Not having the purge feature means my files are retaining a lot of old deadwood, clogging up my system and making the file too large!

I can't even back up regularly

JoyceKitchens
1 Post
Cover User

Hello

We would like to see the ability to purge transactions added to the Account Right Live programs similar to that existing under the Classic V19 program.  This should be an optional facility but it would eliminate the need to retain data on the system that has no relevance to the business on an ongoing basis.  Currently we have a number of accounts, and card files e.g. old employees suppliers that cannot be deleted entirely off the system due to transactions being held.  Whilst you can make them inactive over a period of time this will still result in too much unnecessary information being held on our files for too long.

Ian

Joyce Kitchens

dyann
Experienced Cover User
111 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi Ian

This is certainly an issue and looking back, there have been many comments and ideas on wishing to purge a variety of data.  I can't understand why MYOB is actually avoiding bringing this option back.  I'm sure many businesses are in the same predicament with excessively large files slowing down processing and back ups, let alone having totally irrelvant accounts, cards, invoices on their files.

Here's hoping they start actually listening to the customer and bring about a much needed request.