Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Purge: (Invoice) Transactions

Trusted Cover User

103Posts

126Kudos

5Solutions

103 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia

In the Classic V19 we could purge data anytime after closing of the financial year end and there are reasons why old data is retain then purged at a later date.

As a manufacturer's warranty agent we need to retain stock on hand then invoice the stock back to the manufacturer quoting their Invoice Number and actual cost price paid. We still have stock on hand going as far back as May 2012 and can not purge the data until stock is used.

This feature would be great for these kind of senarios, please consider bringing back purging of old data.

"Purging old data"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: April 2015

Thank you @Mags for your feedback in regards to purging in the new version. We are always looking for new/old features that clients want to see in AccountRight Live. Anyone that would like to see this feature brought back into the software please comment and vote.

Kind regards,

Kat

MYOB Client Support 

15 Comments
FoxyWA
Contributing Cover User
13 Posts
Contributing Cover User

How arrogant of you MYOB to tell me that I don't need the Purge option in Accountright live because file sizes don't grow. It isn't about file sizes for me, it's about me being in control of my accounts, like being able to delete inactive accounts if I want to - which means purging transactions (in some cases from many years ago) in those accounts before the account can be deleted.

This isn't a wanted option, it is a needed option.

dyann
Experienced Cover User
111 Posts
Experienced Cover User

HI FoxyWA

I couldn't agree more, MYOB is holding a very arrogant attitude in deciding we do not need to purge accounts.  I have accounts from years back clogging up the system and preventing efficient running of reports, some I cannot even run unless I amend configuration files and apply a timeout extender.  Not good!

someone
Trusted Cover User
112 Posts
Trusted Cover User

Three years later and MYOB still has failed to return existing functionality.

Let's be clear, this is NOT NEW FUNCTIONALITY and should not need to be voted on! It is functionality that has been removed from the previous product, which we are being told will be decommissioned.

MYOB, you need to get serious and add back all the features and capabilities that were removed from the Live versions before you can even consider decommissioned the Classic.

The lack of adding these back can be perceived as a tactic or ploy to force users onto your "bigger business" products. Don't think ACCC or Fiar Trading would look too favourably on this.

dyann
Experienced Cover User
111 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi 

Yes, I also believe MYOB needs to return to the user being able to choose whether to purge or not.  Having the choice taken away is not viable.  

I am tired of having old 'rubbish' still on the system because I cannot get rid of it.  Plus it takes longer and longer to do backups.

AussieRocket
5 Posts
Cover User

Add my voice to the cry for the return of the end of FY purge.  The file size gets large, and then the API stops working.

Should not have to pay other companies to chop the file size down, so I can get things back on the road again.