Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Receive Payments: Automatically add hyphen to BSB entry

Contributing Cover User

14Posts

37Kudos

0Solutions

14 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia

We used to be able to enter a cheque BSB number and it would be accepted. Now we have ensure the hyphen is in the right place yet in other areas of MYOB this is not the case (i.e. the hyphen enters itself). Can you please re-enable the MYOB to format the BSB itself as this is just one of those really frustrating little annoyances about the live version. One less frustration with the live version would be great.

"BSB Entry Improvement"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: November 2017

Hi Everyone

Thank you to everyone who showed their support for this idea.

I'm pleased to announce in AccountRight 2017.2 you will no longer have to manually enter the hyphen for BSB entries in the Receive Payments window. This will be done automatically.

You can find out more information about this change and other changes, including information on obtaining AccountRight 2017.2 from AccountRight 2017.2 now available.

16 Comments
Bellejayne
Contributing Cover User
30 Posts
Contributing Cover User

YES! i find this annoying too! I always have to go back through and add in the - to the Bank and Branch numbers. Would be handy to have this added automatically.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Bellejayne

Thank you for voting and your feedback in regards to this idea. I have shared your feedback with the team.

chris61c
Experienced Cover User
18 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I vote Yes for the hyphen

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @chris61c

Thank you for your comment

Along with showing your support by commenting you can also vote for an idea. To vote for an idea select the + VOTE button to the left of the idea's name.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

Thank you for showing your support for this idea

We are in development of automatically adding the hyphen into the BSB number in the Receive Payments window.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

Thank you to everyone who showed their support for this idea.

I'm pleased to announce in AccountRight 2017.2 you will no longer have to manually enter the hyphen for BSB entries in the Receive Payments window. This will be done automatically.

You can find out more information about this change and other changes, including information on obtaining AccountRight 2017.2 from AccountRight 2017.2 now available.