Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Receive Payments: Search for Invoice Number

22Posts

52Kudos

0Solutions

22 Posts
Partner
Australia

Hi, I dont know about anyone else, but I find that more and more payments are being made by EFT and identified by the invoice number. It would be a real time saver if we could have a choice of entering an invoice number or customer name when receipting invoices. Currently you need to leave the window and go to find transactions to identify the customer by searching via the invoice number.

Cheers

Eileen F

Adelaide SA

"Identify Invoice # within Receive Payment"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: November 2017

Hi Everyone

I'm excited to announce that with the release of AccountRight 2017.2 the option of Advanced Search has been added to the Customer List in Recieve Payments. This will allow the user to search for the invoice number, customer or total of the invoice to make payment on it.  

Attachment2.PNG

You can find out more information about this and other changes, including information on obtaining AccountRight 2017.2 from AccountRight 2017.2 now available.

18 Comments
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @AlanT

I have repsonded to your enquiry on Matching Paid Invoices to bank feeds for you.

myloss
1 Post
Cover User

The inability to search by invoice numbers is utterly ridiculous. Why you would remove a perfectly good feature, which I personally used every single day in older versions, does not make any sense. Shaking my head. PLEASE bring it back, thanks.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @myloss 

Firstly welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of knowledge.

Secondly thank you for  your comments in regards to the ability to search by invoice numbers. Currently you still can search by invoice numbers within the program, this can be done via the Find Transactions, Sales Register..etc parts of the program.  Is there a particular screen that you are using that is not being able to search the invoice number on?

This idea on the MYOB Idea's Exchange is to have the Invoice Number being able to be searched on the Receive Payments window, which to my knowledge and testing has not been possible in previous versions of the software.

penejane
Partner
78 Posts
Partner

The ability to search for an invoice number, amount  when clearing a payment from the bank feed screen - new receive payment.

Kerrin28
Partner
48 Posts
Partner

This would save us a lot of time

Please please consider

Rickkel01
3 Posts
Cover User

Xero does is so why can Myob not offer a search Invoice number function direct in the bank feeds?  We have multiple invoices for same amounts and customers are putting only Invoice number as deposit reference and not even their business name. It is annoying to have to go to  sale register or search function to find the invoice number then the customer name  and then go back to bank feeds to reconcile.  

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

I'm excited to announce that with the release of AccountRight 2017.2 the option of Advanced Search has been added to the Customer List in Recieve Payments. This will allow the user to search for the invoice number, customer or total of the invoice to make payment on it.  

Attachment2.PNG

You can find out more information about this and other changes, including information on obtaining AccountRight 2017.2 from AccountRight 2017.2 now available.

richard_css
Experienced Cover User
47 Posts
Experienced Cover User

We search for payments by invoice numbers as the correct debtor may not always be known (ie with property managers etc).

When we find the invoice, it would save so much time if we could right click on the invoice and go straight to 'receive paayment' screen.

Currently we have to double click on the invoice, wait for it to load, then go to the receive payment button.

Its not a killer, but it would streamline things a bit