Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Reconcile Accounts: Click and drag to select (multiple) tick boxes

4Posts

164Kudos

0Solutions

4 Posts
User
Australia

Hi,

can you please bring back the function that was available in the old versions of MYOB eg Premier v19, whereby you could click and drag the mouse down over the tick boxes in a Bank Reconciliation or when processing payroll? I know the feature to click and select / unselect ALL the tick boxes, but the drag and select feature was really useful for selecting / unselecting groups of transactions in one go. I get so frustrated having to click each single box!!

Thanks

Kate

"Group Ticking of Tick Boxes"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: September 2013

Great idea - folks vote on this one if you like it!

88 Comments
Traca
Experienced Cover User
30 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Can click and drag be done on Accountright!!!!!!!!

IGBS
Experienced User
12 Posts
Experienced User

I'm finding the new Account Right terribly slow to work with as it depends totally on the use of the mouse and disregards some basic keyboard keys (and no, I'm not talking about short cuts to perform certain commands within MYOB).

Can one no longer press Page Down/Up on the keyboard to scroll through a page? I have to interrupt my typing and move my hand off the keyboard and to my mouse, click on the drag tool on the right, drag the screen down, hands back to keyboard to continue. Seems like nothing, but it takes time and is rather heavy on my shoulders when a simply strike of the Page Down button would do the job in all other applications.

Also, the need to have to click in the tiny little box when selecting accounts - busy typing account number and as soon as it appears I want to hit enter and select it. Instead I have to stop typing, move hand to mouse, find the cursor somewhere on the screen and then very delicately aim for the tiny block to select, and again click on Run Report. A mere strike of Enter would suffice without my hands having to leave the keyboard.

In the old MYOB one could hold down the shift key and select multiple accounts. Now I have to click click click each account individually in their own little tick box. Terribly time consuming if I need the GL for say, 20 different accounts.

Working MYOB on a laptop is incredibly hard and time consuming too given a laptop's small touch pad.

Please could MYOB bring back the basic use of the keyboard's very standard keys? (Page Up/Down, End, tab, shift, space bar, Enter...)

Mezlen
4 Posts
User

I agree - please update so we can use the click and drag the mouse down to select multiple transactions in the Bank Reconciliation

So frustrating that this function is not available - my reconciliations are taking so long as I am having to individually click on each transaction.

If this is an upgrade in 2019 it is ridiculous  

Thank you

Mary

Tasty
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User

I Agree also

Bring back the function where when you tick or uncheck the boxes in the reconcille using your mouse, instead of checking on each transaction box individually. Takes a long time if you wanted to double check the changes correct when doing a bank statement check for the whole month or even for the quarter.

PeakEng
7 Posts
Cover User

So when is this going to come back the click and drag. I have just clicked 100 times o reconcile an account. Very annoying

Carol

PeterEPNZ
18 Posts
Cover User

I have messaged support staff at MYOB about this, and it has been literally ignored - one MYOB rep (Stephen M) never even replied,  one MYOB rep (Suja P) replied instantly when I asked if they are in support, and when I replied instantly to them and outlined the issue ( a week ago) there was radio silence. Very disappointing MYOB.

PeakEng
7 Posts
Cover User

Yes I have asked a few times about this with no response. I would like it to come back also.

PeterEPNZ
18 Posts
Cover User

7 days..not a single reply from MYOB reps Stephen M nor Suja P. Even after I messaged Suja P directly again yesterday. So much for "support". Oh well. Time to click some more boxes haha

Dimples8
5 Posts
Cover User

Could you please bring back the feature in the Reconciliation window whereby you can select/deselection the items by clicking and dragging down the column.  Where it was removed I have no idea.  This is so time consuming the way it is at the moment.

J-H
Experienced Cover User
48 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Agree - Yes please