Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Reconcile Accounts: Click and drag to select (multiple) tick boxes

4Posts

164Kudos

0Solutions

4 Posts
User
Australia

Hi,

can you please bring back the function that was available in the old versions of MYOB eg Premier v19, whereby you could click and drag the mouse down over the tick boxes in a Bank Reconciliation or when processing payroll? I know the feature to click and select / unselect ALL the tick boxes, but the drag and select feature was really useful for selecting / unselecting groups of transactions in one go. I get so frustrated having to click each single box!!

Thanks

Kate

"Group Ticking of Tick Boxes"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: September 2013

Great idea - folks vote on this one if you like it!

88 Comments
gailmorgan
Experienced Cover User
36 Posts
Experienced Cover User

It is driving me nuts! So time consuming selecting one at a time

PeakEng
7 Posts
Cover User

I totally agree. cliking more than 100 times to reconcil super and payg is so frustrating

PeterEPNZ
18 Posts
Cover User

I keep on hoping that MYOB will address this...we have 5 bank accounts..with so many transactions.....so....many...clicks!!!!!!!!

@Steven_M  - please help????

PeakEng
7 Posts
Cover User

It was such an easy thing to use. Why would MYOB get rid of it. It should be just as easy to put it back on

PeterEPNZ
18 Posts
Cover User

It has only been 9 years and 2 months since the request was made.  I guess we just need to be more patient (sarcasm detected).  Smiley Happy

Traca
Experienced Cover User
30 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Patient, has now become obvious that they have no intention in bringing this back. have also noticed they have put subscriptions up AGAIN!!!! WHAT FOR!!!! What are we paying for! 

PeterEPNZ
18 Posts
Cover User

Maybe we just post on here weekly asking for this to be addressed...perhaps if enough of us do this they may have to look at it seriously....who's with me???? Smiley Happy

CatherineBryant
Contributing Partner
10 Posts
Contributing Partner

In old versions of MYOB, pre-AccountRight, you used to be able to select multiple items in a check box situation by simply clicking on the first one and dragging down or up.  For example, bank reconciliations, processing payroll, selecting accounts to report in GL reports, etc.  Now you have to click on each one separately (unless you want to select the whole lot). 

Please add the click and drag method option to AccountRight as it is very time consuming to tick off items one by one. 

gailmorgan
Experienced Cover User
36 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Wish we new an actual email address for the specific department we could bombard them with emails on this

PeterEPNZ
18 Posts
Cover User

This of course affects the "Prepare Bank Deposit" transactions as well, which means we have to individually tick the boxes next to every single deposit on that screen -  unfortunately I have not had a reply from @Steven_M (MYOB Moderator) regarding this, so it seems as though it is not being looked into at all.....but I for one will not give up on this as it is such a frustratingly HUGE timewaster  https://community.myob.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/49125