Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Reconcile Accounts: Click and drag to select (multiple) tick boxes

4Posts

164Kudos

0Solutions

4 Posts
User
Australia

Hi,

can you please bring back the function that was available in the old versions of MYOB eg Premier v19, whereby you could click and drag the mouse down over the tick boxes in a Bank Reconciliation or when processing payroll? I know the feature to click and select / unselect ALL the tick boxes, but the drag and select feature was really useful for selecting / unselecting groups of transactions in one go. I get so frustrated having to click each single box!!

Thanks

Kate

"Group Ticking of Tick Boxes"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: September 2013

Great idea - folks vote on this one if you like it!

88 Comments
Noel4819
Experienced Cover User
26 Posts
Experienced Cover User

yes i experience the same problem ,,  there must be an answer

lsdf2005
Contributing Cover User
15 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Hi Catherine,

I agree it's so time consuming to click each checkbox especially when you have more than 10 boxes to check. I'm absolutely no expert in MYOB or IT but I've stumbled on a little workaround when paying superannuation. All you do is click the first box then press enter or arrow down and then the space bar. The space bar is what checks or unchecks the box. You can do this very quickly as you only use 2 keys on the keyboard. 

Unfortunately, it doesn't work very well when reconciling accounts as the space bar not only ticks the box but also opens the transaction but I'd definitely try it out when paying superannuation. Who knows, it might work in other scenarios too.

Hope that helps. Smiley Happy

PeterEPNZ
18 Posts
Cover User

Another round of reconciling.....another round of excessive mouse clicking. Who's with me????? Smiley Happy Still radio silence from MYOB......

PeakEng
7 Posts
Cover User

Yes I have commented on this also. The amount we pay monthly and have to click hundreds of boxes to reconcile a monthly account is ridiculous.

Brindly
Experienced User
24 Posts
Experienced User

oh we must have this option. it's too much clicking to select 100s of transactions... please update

gailmorgan
Experienced Cover User
36 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Seriously why hasn't this been implemented yet??????????????

Noel4819
Experienced Cover User
26 Posts
Experienced Cover User

We must get this back. we see small changes over the years/s quite frankly none have been any value to me.

yes clicking a 100 or more at a time is pathetic and time consuming.  Surely this is not to hard to fix.  

Genreve_S
MYOB Moderator
2,760 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your continued support and for sharing your suggestions in our forum. We appreciate your active participation and your commitment to improving our services.

I would like to inform you that while the feature you suggested has not been the focus of our development team recently, it has not been overlooked. Our team has been prioritizing other enhancements, new features, and compliance changes. However, your suggestion is noted in our records.

We value your input, and we are committed to continuously improving our services based on our users' feedback.

If you have any further questions or need assistance with anything else, please feel free to create a new thread.

Thank you for your understanding and continued support.

Best,
Genreve