Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Reconcile Accounts: Show actions button

Trusted Cover User

23Posts

84Kudos

3Solutions

23 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia

Bank Rec - I NOW know to right click in the bank rec to get the menu of options that used to be a simple "Actions" button (eg receive money etc) in V19.  Why oh why make something less obvious and harder than it used to be??? How is this an "improvement"??  Also, I have to refresh the bank rec after I've made changes - this used to happen automatically.  Annoying.

"Reinstate actions button in Bank Rec"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: August 2012

Thanks for the feedback. What do other people think? Should we bring the button back to the screen, Are there specific functions used most often that need a button? Let us know what you think.

12 Comments
Will_SolnX
Super Partner
763 Posts
Super Partner

Client comment: 
Have jusst found that in moving from V19 to AR2018.3 I have lost the 'Action' button in Bank Reconciliations. It was a great time saver not having to keystroke through the menus to transact basic bank functions. All that is in 2018.3 is the Bank Entry key.

This is a retrograde step, making the reconciliation function far less effcient. Can we have the "Action" button back please?

Consultant comment:

Making actions that a screen can take obvious from a button is probably a good step, as is making the shortcut combinations to do each of those actions obvious.  For any data entry screen, or reconciliation screen, shortcut combinations can be huge timesavers.  

While right click context menus are great to have, ideally any feature that is in a right click context menu should be reached through some form of action button, to cut down on client confusion.

Idea type:

Would be cool if/User Interface/Ease of Use.

Linked post for idea raised from:

AR Board - Bank Rec. Action Button V19 not present in AR2018.13

"Bank Reconciliation - Add Action button to Bank Rec screen (v19 functionality)"

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you for your idea. Our team has reviewed the idea and has ensured it meets our idea submission criteria. For more information on idea submission criteria, please read this article: Changes to our Idea Exchange pages