Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Reconcile Accounts: Show actions button

Trusted Cover User

23Posts

84Kudos

3Solutions

23 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia

Bank Rec - I NOW know to right click in the bank rec to get the menu of options that used to be a simple "Actions" button (eg receive money etc) in V19.  Why oh why make something less obvious and harder than it used to be??? How is this an "improvement"??  Also, I have to refresh the bank rec after I've made changes - this used to happen automatically.  Annoying.

"Reinstate actions button in Bank Rec"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: August 2012

Thanks for the feedback. What do other people think? Should we bring the button back to the screen, Are there specific functions used most often that need a button? Let us know what you think.

12 Comments
LFW02
Trusted Partner
107 Posts
Trusted Partner

The "Refresh" after every entered transaction is also driving me to distraction, it is a backward step and is certainly slowing the workflow down.

Dan_Moulton
40 Posts
Former Staff
Thanks for the feedback. What do other people think? Should we bring the button back to the screen, Are there specific functions used most often that need a button? Let us know what you think.
JMcK
Experienced Cover User
47 Posts
Experienced Cover User

YES definitely bring the Action button back please, and include all the options that were previously available. That was such an improvement on earlier versions and such a backward step removing it.

interAccounts
Valued Partner
133 Posts
Valued Partner

I definatley agree to bring back the Action button.  

I frequently use the 'Bank Transactions' option.

Right clicking in a report to access extra information isn't a normal proceedure within previous versions of MYOB and creates extra work unneccesarily.  I've just noticed that this backward step has been taken within the Cards list as well.

Having it automatically refresh with new transactions is also something that should never have been removed.  Having to do it manually will cause a lot more frustrated users and possiblyl clog up all forms of help.

bookkeeperDWI
1 Post
Cover User

BRING BACK THE ACTION BUTTON!!!

- I feel like MYOB has regressed 5 years.  I use that button constantly!!  I've tried right clicking but I only see find transaction! no transfer funds, no pay bills!!

This is disastrous.

livlee
Contributing Cover User
15 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I agree used the button all the time for Bank Entry, Spend Money, Recieve Money, Transfer Money and Pay Bills.

Dale
MYOB Staff
43 Posts
MYOB Staff

Folks, I take your point about re-instating the actions button and it is something we will consider.  I would though like to let you know that everything that you could do previously with the Actions button is available in the right-click menu, Pay Bill, Spend Money etc.. are all under the 'Enter Transactions' menu. 

For the keyboard users amongst us the Microsoft shortcut for accessing the right-click menu is <Ctrl><Shift>F10 which is bit of a handfull, but will bring up the menu where you can then do things like press t then s for spend money without even needing to touch the mouse.

As I said I realise this is not a replacemenr for the Action button but I though this information may help.

Dale
MYOB Staff
43 Posts
MYOB Staff

One last thing I forgot to mention is that if you enter the transactions from this right-click menu then when you record those transactions the Bank Rec screen will refresh automatically.

ESM
Contributing Cover User
12 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Please bring back the Actions button into Bank Rec. 

Its just taken me ages to find this thread which told me what to do.

The Actions button was so simple.

VickiP
8 Posts
Cover User

Agreed!!