Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Remittance Advice: Default settings

A-E
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

25Posts

140Kudos

1Solutions

25 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

Is it possible to have an option in MYOB where we can tick a default setting to always email remittance advices rather than changing it every time we entered the "Pay Bills screen." ?

At the moment it always reverts back to "Remittance advice delivery status: to be printed" when you close out of the screen.

Thank you

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: October 2015

Default settings for remittances advices has certainly been a popular suggestion. So, we're very pleased to announce that we've implemented this in version 2015.4. You can find more information on this, and on the other nifty improvements that have been made in version 2015.4 via our AccountRight Blog.

75 Comments
Veejays
Experienced Cover User
31 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi

110% agree with PowerC.  Needs to be a default on the card.  At the moment, I have half our suppliers use email for remittances and half don't.  Every time I go to pay a bill, I have to go into their card off the Pay Bill screen and check whether they have an email entered... then go back to the Pay Bill screen and select either Print or Email.  What a waste of time!!!  I pay by Electronic so I can't make a mistake because then I have to delete the whole payment and start again!

If they have an email address on their card, the system should automatically select "To be emailed" on the Pay Bill screen - no checking and a visual check already done for you.  If there is no email address, you should be able to set the Preferences on the Company to either "To be printed" or "Already printed" (we don't print remittances... the suppliers without email don't get a remittance). That way, when you make a payment, the remittances is already sorted for you.  In this day and age.. it should be automatic.

Thanks

Judy

A-E
Experienced Cover User
25 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Dear MYOB,

I posted by in November 2013 about the option of having an option in MYOB where was can tick a default setting to always email remittance advices rather than changing it every time in pay bills.

It seems from the response above other people are having the exact some troubles and frustrations. The new version was just released but I noticed this still hasn't been included. Are you are to provide any update on whether the developers have considered this?

I received a response on my original post in 2013 and it was marked under consideration??

KattC
790 Posts
Former Staff

Hello @A-E 

Thank you for your feedback on emailing remittance advises and able to set the default. We have not had confirmation that this will be implemented just yet. We strongly suggest to keep casting a Vote+ and commenting on this idea. There is a lot of clients that would like to see this in a future release. 

Kind regards,

Kat

Narell68
Contributing Cover User
11 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Well it is good to see that I am not the only one that wants this default setting.

When on earth are you going to do something???

Tallie_M
4,461 Posts
Former Staff

Hi there @Narell68,

Thank you for your feedback.

Given the popularity of the idea, we do hope to see this implemented in the program sooner rather than later, as it is clearly a feature that a lot of our clients would love to have. However, given the amount of ideas that have been suggested, the product development team do have to prioritize accordingly, so when exactly this may be is unsure.

When it has been decided to incorporate this function into a future release of AccountRight, please note that all clients will be notified.

Kind Regards,

Tallie

accountsjane
4 Posts
Cover User

JBPearce
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Hi - is there any news on when this change will be implemented?  It is very frustrating to have to change this feature everytime and takes a lot of fiddling around to change if you forget to tick the box.  It has been 18 months since this issue was raised on this thread - how much longer before this issue is corrected?

thanks

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @JBPearce

Thank you for your feedback and voting for this idea

Currently this idea in still Under Consideration and as such we are still encouraging client to vote and comment if required for this idea. At this stage we currently don't have a time frame for when this idea will be scheduled for development and when it will be added to the program.

TSGTanya
Trusted Cover User
255 Posts
Trusted Cover User

Yes i agree with this.  I would like the option to have all remittance advice as "already printed/emailed".  Its been a topic for sometime now.  Is it in the pipeline yet?  thanks Tanya

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @TSGTanya

Thank you for voting and sharing your thoughts in regards to this idea. I have shared them with the team.

As has been previously indicated this idea has been marked as Under consideration. As such we currently don't have a time frame for when this idea will be scheduled for development and when it will be added to the program. However we are still encourage clients to vote and comment if required for this idea.