Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Reports: ATO Standard Business Reporting (SBR)

Experienced User

90Posts

291Kudos

0Solutions

90 Posts
Experienced User
Australia

Will we be able to use AccountRight to submit forms to the ATO with future updates of AccountRight?

I expected that we'd be able to submit Tax File Number Declarations with the current release as the function was said to be in beta testing for at least the last 2 years.

http://community.myob.com/t5/Staffing-Payroll/TFN-Declaration-Reports/td-p/20641

I've read the support note here http://myobaustralia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/32250 but it doesn't give any indication that it will be functional in this current release.

It would be a very useful feature for anyone using myob as their payroll software.

So, any updates?

Liam.

Current Status: Planned
Last Changed: October 2016

Hi all,

Thank you to everyone who registered to pilot a new service, between MYOB and the ATO.

Our team is currently working on making the completion and lodgement of BAS much simpler and faster. Once done, we will look into other aspects of the SBR initiative, like electronic lodgement of TFNs. We will keep you posted via this idea post and the AccountRight Blog.

Regards,

Suja

93 Comments
JasonHill
5,899 Posts
Former Staff

Georgie,

Thanks for your feedback. We understand your request and I will make sure your comments are shared with our product development team. The team prioritise product enhancements according to the impact on clients and the number of clients affected. I'm sure they would appreciate any further detail that you could provide in regards to the time saving benefits of your suggestion.

All the best,

Jason Hill
Community Manager

Barry_C
MYOB Staff
2,948 Posts
MYOB Staff
Thanks for the idea Retta. This idea of being able to submit TFN's electronically has also been submitted by others and has proven to be extremely popular. I recommend adding a vote here. http://community.myob.com/t5/AccountRight-Idea-Exchange/ATO-Standard-Business-Reporting-SBR-TFN-Decl...
TheG
Partner
350 Posts
Partner

Hi Community,

I just thought I would gauge the interest of MYOB Business products creating a BAS/IAS file for uploading into ATO Business/Tax Agent portal.

MYOB have created the file for payment summaries already so I reckon this would save some typing time...

kellyw6324
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Addiny my vote for myob to be SBR enables - especially for TFN declarations.

JB2041
3 Posts
Cover User

Is still not available ? You can do it in Xero.

Scotzam
Trusted Cover User
23 Posts
Trusted Cover User

Not with this update either?? 

JasonHill
5,899 Posts
Former Staff

Hi all,

Thanks for your feedback, we appreciate your input. Just thought I'd put a general note here that the team is constantly working on further improvements to the software and prioritise their work according to the impact on clients and the number of clients affected. Please continue to provide feedback to our product development team about which forms are the biggest pain points for you.

All the best,

Jason Hill
Community Manager

RemedyAccounts
Experienced Cover User
59 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Please provide the ability to lodge a tax file declaration using Account Right.

DougM
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User

We have read for several years that this has been under consideraton but that product development prioritisation has meant that resources have gone elsewhere.

I cannot understand how any business with a high turnover of employees would not consider this feature extremely important. I cannot understand how the product development team at MYOB do not consider this to be a high priority. We have bought our casual employee payroll into MYOB and dread doing in excess of 100 manual TFN declarations each year. Thank goodness we have downsized and no longer have 600 plus to do each year.

C'ome on MYOB - join the other software packages that have had this feature for some time.

Cavesman
1 Post
Cover User

Just need to know if 19.9 is SBR enabled, or do I save files and lodge the PAYG report through the portal..thanks