Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Reports: ATO Standard Business Reporting (SBR)

Experienced User

90Posts

291Kudos

0Solutions

90 Posts
Experienced User
Australia

Will we be able to use AccountRight to submit forms to the ATO with future updates of AccountRight?

I expected that we'd be able to submit Tax File Number Declarations with the current release as the function was said to be in beta testing for at least the last 2 years.

http://community.myob.com/t5/Staffing-Payroll/TFN-Declaration-Reports/td-p/20641

I've read the support note here http://myobaustralia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/32250 but it doesn't give any indication that it will be functional in this current release.

It would be a very useful feature for anyone using myob as their payroll software.

So, any updates?

Liam.

Current Status: Planned
Last Changed: October 2016

Hi all,

Thank you to everyone who registered to pilot a new service, between MYOB and the ATO.

Our team is currently working on making the completion and lodgement of BAS much simpler and faster. Once done, we will look into other aspects of the SBR initiative, like electronic lodgement of TFNs. We will keep you posted via this idea post and the AccountRight Blog.

Regards,

Suja

93 Comments
Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff

Hi all,

Thank you to everyone who registered to pilot a new service, between MYOB and the ATO.

Our team is currently working on making the completion and lodgement of BAS much simpler and faster. Once done, we will look into other aspects of the SBR initiative, like electronic lodgement of TFNs. We will keep you posted via this idea post and the AccountRight Blog.

Regards,

Suja

MandM
Partner
51 Posts
Partner

This is my first time on here and I totally agree with all the suggestions about TFN lodgements.

I often think, why are the monthly fees going up when, for me at least, there hasn't been anything spactacular in all the new versions that are available.  What ever happened to "if it aint broke don't fix it", just a thought.

LTWood
Contributing Cover User
10 Posts
Contributing Cover User

You can do it in Xero....

ABCI
4 Posts
Cover User

planned in 2012 and still waiting - how long does it take?

Shawn5757
Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Wow, The planning seems to be taking a long time. Its 2017 since 2012 and yet it is still under planning phase.. Wonder when this is going to come out. Hopefully in line with the changes to happen in 2018.

Soucar
5 Posts
Cover User

We recently switched from Xero to MYOB (for MYOB's inventory functionality). I cannot believe I now need to go back to physically posting the TFN declarations (I have not had to do this for years in Xero). I think this is something that needs to be bumped up the list in terms of priority as it, like many other areas of MYOB in my opinion, is really inefficient.

Snely
Partner
16 Posts
Partner

TFN Declaration online lodgement - ATO format

CharlieF
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User

So the last information posted here says you are working on this.

However the last post is October 2016 and it's still listed as planned.

How about updating this please.

It would be very helpful to have TFN reporting done through MYOB

ntoumba
Experienced Cover User
105 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi There,

I have been interested electronically lodging TFN Dec's and while searching online at the SBR.gov.au website found the MYOB is listed product that includes the SBR-enabled logdement of TFN Declarations?

Is this a mistake by the SBR website or is this function now available?

MYOB SBR TFN.jpg

Sachin
Experienced Cover User
28 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I see this idea shared many times but still we don't have TFN declarations lodgement facility available in any MYOB suite - neither in AE, Essentials nor AccountRight. Some comments stated that MYOB needs votes to prioritize this.

Can we all please vote to have this prioritized for coming EOFY June 2018.