Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Reports: Ability to create own report

Contributing Cover User

13Posts

86Kudos

0Solutions

13 Posts
Contributing Cover User
New
New

Hi, 

I've been struggling with MYOB for a while trying to make the custom report I want and finally dropped the idea.

To create a custom report: I need to open a prebuilt report, then select the field I want/don't want and then save as a custom report. 

Main problem is predesigned reports have a limited list of available fields to customise the report. And I lose time going from one to another to finally find the predesigned report that is close to what I need and then customise it. Even so, result is not perfect and I still have a lot of work to do on the file.

I would be awesome if we could create a custom report from scratches without being linked to a predesigned one. Then we could select just the fields we need, order them the way we want and finally have a real full custom report that fits our needs !

"Full custom reports"

Current Status: New
Last Changed: January 2017

Hi there @Khman,

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum.

The pre-built reports were essentially created to help businesses avoid the hassle of needing to manually extract the information they wanted. The ability to customise these reports were, again, to assist in avoiding the hassle of needing to produce a new report from scratch (i.e. allowing clients to simply make small modifications to an already existing report). Having said that, we can certainly see how building a report from scratch offers more flexibility to those who have specific reporting requirements.

Anyone else who would like to see this feature in the software, please cast your vote by clicking on the thumbs up icon.

25 Comments
DanT
Contributing Cover User
18 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Hi Jennifer_Kelly,

Thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately that means we have to go and spend additional $$ for functionality that should be available out of the box.  These 3rd party ad-ons are extremely expensive if you're only requiring 1 thing like I do in this case.  It may be justifiable for @okcorale however for a small business it's not.

$17/mo for me to get access to 1 field in a report that I might run a few times a month doesn't stack up.

Just further frustration and questions as to why we bothered moving away from Quickbooks which seemed to offer a lot more functionality.

Thanks

okcorale
Experienced User
14 Posts
Experienced User

Hi Jennifer_Kelly and @DanT

I agree with @DanT as to the added costs for the add-ons. There are fields in reporting options ie Custom List/Custom Fields that I can see what they would be used for generally. I have had to use custom fields in the "Item" to get a report showing Supplier No, List Price and Discount which I have had to manually fill in for each of the 2000+ stock items I have.  There is no standard report that includes these three vital data fields in the options. I have been using MYOB inception and still have my Plus4 version for my own private work. This new platform is just a nightmare. 

DanT
Contributing Cover User
18 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Hi @okcorale,

You're lucky, I'm not even able to move to the latest version and am still stuck on v19 as MYOB still don't support multi-currency customers.  This product has been out for a number of years and it beggars believe that they still haven't delivered this basic and core functionality for an island nation where import/export is so much of many businesses requirements.

Butch_Dixon
Experienced User
58 Posts
Experienced User

Yes this would be a great idea. Reporting and the ability (inability) to extract/upload information to MYOB would be one of the major reasons people leave this platform. I 

kipnstevesparts
4 Posts
Cover User

Being able to create any form of report. Click on customised reports and opens up a new window with ALL the options available, from sales or purchase options to inventory or card options. Select parameters and builds a report with the parameters you've selected. So often I need to create a report but the options I need to use are scattered between sections! ie; particular supplier, particular date range, including items on hand, that HAVEN'T had a sale in the selected date range. 

Please please! 

ROGMichelle
Experienced Cover User
27 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Reporting in MYOB is absolute **bleep**. The default formatting applied when exporting to Excel ensures you have to spend a significant amount of time just getting the data to a point you can actually use. It is THE WORST part of the program.

A-L
Experienced Cover User
34 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Agreed. Functions such as item reports, sales reports are very spread out and vague.  There are many many aspects of MYOB that need to change when working with purchases/sales data

Davedog
Experienced User
51 Posts
Experienced User

As I use multi-location for inventory it would be great to be able to utilise this feature in reports. Ideally I would like to see from which location each sale was shipped. I was able to do this previously on the desktop platform but no longer have this option. This entails me going into every single sale individually to find the location of shipping.

More generally, creating reports now is more of a headache than a help, let alone the time it takes for reports to generate.

swatts11
Experienced Cover User
27 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I have a shocking time creating sales reports.  I need not just dollars but quantity to specific customers and I have to flick back and forth to about 4 different reports and rebuild it myself - extremely time consuming.  Being able to add more options in the Show/Hide area would make life so much easier.

coffeepapercups
Experienced Cover User
26 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi @Khman 

You are correct i just need one field its really simply I want to run the Sales/Customer Summary but want to add the shipping address for that sale which is linked to the sale but I cannot select this as it lives somewhere in another table and no body though to connect it, I am told run detail its in that report but I don't want every item or 1,000 line items.  Also, advised to go to the Add-on solutions but again I do not need 100 free reports or out of date partners just need to select 1 field which is related to sales when I create an invoice i can select delivery address so why cann i not select this field whe running Sales/Customer summary - if there is a pertner that sees this an can help with this one field I would appreciate you getting in touch.