Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Report: Aged Payables [Detail] - Job Number

Experienced Cover User

35Posts

22Kudos

0Solutions

35 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Good afternoon,

Leeya suggested that I post my idea for a new Aged Payables report that also has a Job No Field. This report would allow you to specify a job # so all purchases relating to a particular job are listed. That way say for example if 1 invoice is split into 3 jobs & then if you only specify one job on the report, only the section allocated to that one job on the invoice is shown in the report. Another benefit of this report is also the convenience of not needing to export to excel to filter out any other job or admin purchases.

Hope you agree! Smiley Happy

Kind regards

ACorp

"Aged Payables Report - Job Specific"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: September 2012

Thanks for the feedback. I'm interested to understand more about the administrative task you need to complete with the report. The Payable reports are really designed to show a summary of what is owed to Suppliers, and as such they don't report at the detailed transaction line level which by the sounds of it is what you need. Other reports such as Purchases Supplier allow you to add the Job fields, if you had a Job filter on these detailed reports would it help?

11 Comments
Dan_Moulton
40 Posts
Former Staff
Thanks for the feedback. I'm interested to understand more about the administrative task you need to complete with the report. The Payable reports are really designed to show a summary of what is owed to Suppliers, and as such they don't report at the detailed transaction line level which by the sounds of it is what you need. Other reports such as Purchases Supplier allow you to add the Job fields, if you had a Job filter on these detailed reports would it help?
ACorp
Experienced Cover User
35 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi Dan

Thanks for your comment.

We would use this report to capture the expenses spent on a job. This would assist us with our own progress claims plus the Job budget.

I find the Purchases Supplier report helpful and yes if there was a job filter on this report that would be great to avoid having to export to excel and deleting admin plus other job purchases. Can this please be added?

Thanks for your help, look forward to your response Smiley Happy

Thanks

ACorp

ACorp
Experienced Cover User
35 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Ps - the specific report I'm refering to is the Supplier - Purchases detail (not summary).

Thanks!

Tbat
1 Post
User

I have only just joined the community, and found this post while looking for information

I also would really like to see the option of aged payables filtered to job level as my employer is constantly asking for everything at job level.  We are in the construction industry, therefore we need to report on most jobs as if they were mini companies (P&L, Aged payables, aged receivables etc).  For projecting cashflows over the coming weeks, aged payables at job level would be invaluable.

For our purposes, I thought another option to gather this information could be having custom lists or fields within the enter purchase screen, as the majority of our purchases are for one job, although from what I can see, custom lists only seem to relate to card level and we have many suppliers who supply for multiple jobs.

ASWatCR
Partner
243 Posts
Partner

Job specific aged payables/receivable reports would be useful.  I have voted for it.

Jeff_AccAddons
Valued Partner
147 Posts
Valued Partner

Hi ACorp,

Accounting Addons have developed an Aged Payables Report that can be filtered by Job.

It is free to download and use.

The report is an Excel Pivot table that replicates the Aged Payables Report in MYOB with a Job filter at the top. Upon setting the job filter only the line items allocated to that job will display in the report.

Its also possible to display jobs down the page

It can be customised futher by dragging other Filters into the report if required

The solution can be linked to multiple MYOB data files

You can download it from here:

http://accountingaddons.com.au/excelreportlink-aged-payables-pivot-solution/

Please contact me if you have any questions

Regards

Jeff Stephenson

Managing Director at Accounting Addons

Visit us at http://accountingaddons.com.au
Email me at jeff@accountingaddons.com.au
Phone us on 1300 ADDONS (1300 233667)

JosephMojo
3 Posts
Cover User

I urge you to please implement a solution for the Payables reports to have filtering by Job Number.

We are currently have 10 projects running and would like to know what is owing for each specific project at any given time.

Please advise when this will be implemented.

Alex2800
1 Post
User

Hi

Does anyone know how I can generate a report displaying the aged payables per job at a point in time?

StannardFH
Contributing Cover User
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User

This would be of huge value to us, I think most construction companies would find this of value!

HURQLD
1 Post
Cover User

There should be a option to get a report on the aged creditors, what they have been paid and what they owe for each job number. 

This will help us find our position on the job, help with cash flow managment and progress claims.