Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Reports: Cash Flow Analysis

Cover User

1Posts

110Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
Cover User
Australia

Where has Cash Flow Analysis gone. I don't know of any small business operater that doesn't rely on cash flow analysis 30/60/90 days, It's been in every version of MYOB that I am aware of, why omit it now? Please bring it back, it is a major oversight!!! I know you now have business insights but if you are a small business operator and not an accountant then this doesn't give the basic information we need!!!

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: October 2013

Thank you for the post and all your comments. We request others to Vote and comment on this idea so that our Developers can get an idea on how many users would like the Cash Flow Analysis report brought into the new AccountRight range.

64 Comments
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @cathyp 

Thanks for feedback in regards to the AccountRight Program and the Cash Flow Analysis report. Along with commenting, if you would like to show your support for an idea on the AccountRight Ideas Exchange do vote for the relevant idea using the +vote button to the left of the idea's name. 

Chelmagirl
2 Posts
Cover User

I have just upgraded to AccountRight 2014.4.16, from the now rather archaic Version 18, and I was surprised to discover that there was now only the Statement of Cash Flow report, which doesn't show the transaction details. In particular rather than just showing one figure for the Net Cash Flow from Operating Activities I would like to to be able to view the break down of this figure into the three categories pursuant to my business ie. Receipts from Members and Clients; Payments to Suppliers and Employees and Interest Received so that the MYOB report matches what my accountant produces.  If the total figure is already there surely it would be easy to modify the existing report, or bring back the Analysis Report, to be able to show the break down of this and other figures within the Cash Flow Report.  Many thanks.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Chelmagirl 

Thank you for your feedback and voting for this idea. I have shared your comments with the relevant team.

hans
2 Posts
Cover User

I totally agree with the others. Cash flow analysis up to 360 days ahead is an essential toolfor us.

Matt
Trusted Cover User
31 Posts
Trusted Cover User

Strange how such a popular function has been removed...

I have just "upgraded" from v19.7 to AccounRight Plus v2015.1. I am finding myself scratching my head as to why features tried, tested and used by such a large customer base over so many years have been removed and replaced with new features that most small business will probably never use...

Please bring back this feature..!

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Matt

Thank you for your feedback and voting for this idea. I have shared your feedback with the team.

JohannaD
Experienced Cover User
20 Posts
Experienced Cover User

We also have just upgraded from v19.something to AccountRight Plus v2015.1 and I couldn't find the Cash Flow Analysis report..... just assumed it would be included.  When I couldn't find it anywhere I turned to this forum to discover it has been removed.  We need this report - having to use excel which is time consuming.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @JohannaD

Thank you for your feedback in regards to this idea. I have shared it with the team.

bigaye
2 Posts
Cover User

We recently upgraded and assumed this report would be in here but it has eliminated.  Surely this is a tool that every business owner should use? I see this request was upgraded in 2013 to "under consideration".  How long does it take to consider if this report should come back?  Could someone reply and give us an update as to if this is likely to come back and an expected date of return? Or should I just give up waiting (lots of people have been waiting 2 years for this report) and switch to Xero?

ASWatCR
Partner
243 Posts
Partner

I would be interested to know this also.