Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Report: Category Profit & Loss Statement - Multi Period

Cover User

2Posts

15Kudos

0Solutions

2 Posts
Cover User
Australia

We use categories for our Sydney and Branch operational but MYOB does not have facility under Categories Option to produce Multispreadsheet Profit and Loss. To compare month to month I have to do manually in excell which is a pain.  Appreciate if MYOB will enhance the report.

"Multipreadsheet  Profit and Loss under Categories Option"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: August 2013

Thanks for the idea. I can see how having this report would be a time saver. We encourage other users who would like the ability to use categories on the Multi Period spreadsheet profit and loss reports to vote and add further comments.

24 Comments
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @GEMonster

Thank you for your comments and voting for this idea. 

LWR
1 Post
Cover User

Could you please add a multi-period P&L report where you can specify a Category? We use the Categories for our different shop locations and need this separate data.

At the moment I have to run each month separately and then spend time in excel putting it altogether and the number of lines each month aren't always the same so it becomes a very time consuming task.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @LWR

Thank you for your feedback in regards to this category reporting.

I've merged your idea with this idea already on the AccountRight Idea Exchange in regards to multi-period Profit and Loss Categories option.

Metalox
8 Posts
Cover User

Have you given this more consideration MYOB?  It seems there is a need for it.  Can you please advise?

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Metalox

Thank you for enquiry in regards to the status of this idea.

At this point in time it is still under consideration with our program development team to look into including it in a future release. At this point in time we don't have a time frame for when this particular idea will be marked as in development or implemented. Having said that we are still encouraging clients to vote and comment if required for this idea.

Metalox
8 Posts
Cover User

So, in other words, you are not even looking into it.  How about putting it out there, rather than it being hidden in this thread.  Your clients wouldn't even know it is under consideration unless they could see it more clearly.  I fail to see why I should have to pay for an add-on when it should be a given that a category profit and loss report is multi-period.  Many companies operate under the same company name, with different departments.  Disappointing MYOB.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Metalox

Thank you for your additional comments

All ideas are passed onto the program development team for investigation for their possible inclusion in the program. We encourage members of the MYOB Community Forum to show support for an idea by voting. The program development team do use the voting method as a way to assessing the number of MYOB Community Forum members that would like to see that particular idea included. For example an idea with a higher number of votes may be placed above an idea with a lower number of votes for possible development as more people are showing their support for the idea. This doesn't mean that an idea with no or little votes will get added. 

As mentioned at this stage the idea is marked as under consideration as it has been passed onto the team to investigate its possible inclusion in the program. At this stage we are encouraging clients to vote and comment if required for this idea.

simple
Contributing Cover User
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User

My business really needs to have a P&L multi-period category reports. We have 3 shops  and need to analyse their strength and weakness according to the data  ie sales and expenses.   If we need to use excel to do the data, it is time consuming plus we can't run the report immediately once we change a data entry.   I expect it when I choose MYOB.   Xero is better in this area.

Metalox
8 Posts
Cover User

Yes simple, exactly.  Under Consideration seems to mean they have no intentention of offering this much needed option.

tfp25
2 Posts
Cover User

We are paying to other company for the add on $69 per month to get the multiperiod of category report which now I found is ridiculous.

We are paying MYOB $110 pm subscirption and willing to pay more to get the multiperiod Profit and Loss category is part of the MYOB Report.

I am waiting for 3 years now and MYOB should do somehting with this.