Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Reports: Change of bank account detials

Partner

243Posts

464Kudos

0Solutions

243 Posts
Partner
Australia

The audit trail DOES NOT show when bank account details have been changed (ie for suppliers/employees). 

It reports if the address/phone etc has been changed but not the bank account details. 

This is Fraud 101 - is this going to be fixed?

If I have misunderstood, please let me know, but a MYOB representative did confirm this for me.

"Audit trail does not show change in bank account details'

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: March 2019

Hi Everyone

Thank you for feedback and showing your support for this idea

We have decided to follow a slightly different path with this particular idea. Rather than a report, we have decided that when banking details for supplier and employee card in an online file the AccountRight Live Owner will receive an email with the updated details. The reason why we went down the email route is for a user to act more quickly should a bank account be changed fraudulently by another user.

34 Comments
PMCoops
1 Post
User

I could not believe this weakness was in there.

As a victim of fraud I am horrified.  If this is not fixed I would warn people against using MYOB in a business with multiple staff.

Coops

Matthew_W
MYOB Staff
2,173 Posts
MYOB Staff
Thank you for your suggestion. I just want to confirm exactly where you're talking about changing the Bank Account details. Changes to the Card File are not designed to show on the Audit Trail Report so I wouldn't expect that sort of change to show through, unless this information was recorded on a transaction itself and then changed after the fact.
ASWatCR
Partner
243 Posts
Partner

This is the exact issue.  You need a report that will show you when/how/who has changedbank account details for creditors.  Does this make sense? Thanks

Matthew_W
MYOB Staff
2,173 Posts
MYOB Staff
Thank you for confirming that ASWatCR, the addition of a new Audit system or an overhaul of what the current one looks at is something we can look into updating in the future. Thanks to those who have voted already, other users who want to see this added please continue to vote.
YvonneNZ
2 Posts
Cover User

I would like MYOB to update the Audit Trail Report so that it shows any change in bank account details in the payroll.

One of the most important purposes of the Audit Trail Report is fraud detection. The report MYOB currently has is lacking in what I would have thought to be a most basic requirement.

When can we expect to see this problem addressed?

YvonneNZ
2 Posts
Cover User

Yes this is basic stuff for audit trail in payroll and suppliers.  Given the amount of fraud  this must be an area of focus.  Without it myob is a lightweight product and will be discounted by many.  High recommend you get this into a release ASAP.  thanks

Danny_Sydney
1 Post
Cover User

Very disappointing MYOB have not amended their audit reports given this simple but important issue was raised 2 years ago. Surely can't be that costly to fix.

KatrinaLB
1 Post
Cover User

Can MYOB please give feedback urgently on this update to functionality to include an audit log of change to supplier/employee bank account changes.

As pointed out by previous posts this is a basic fraud check & has serious potential risks to a business using MYOB software that this chack cannot be done quickly & easily.

JasonHill
5,899 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Danny_Sydney and @KatrinaLB 

Welcome to the Community Forum. I hope you both find both it an invaluable resource.

Many thanks for your feedback about audit logs. Currently this functionality is still under consideration for a future update but I will ask our development team if they can provide an update.

Thanks again,

Jason Hill
Community Manager

JasonHill
5,899 Posts
Former Staff
Thanks again for all your feedback. Our head of development has confirmed that we do plan to further improve the audit trail. Please also note that with our new User Access Control feature introduced in 2014.2 you are now able to restrict users from being able to make changes to the Bank details for Suppliers and Employees. This will prevent the user from being able to see and change these details. You also now have the ability to set read-only access to cards. We will be considering further measures in a future release.