MYOBCommunity
Partner Zone
|
|
Partner Zone

Share your ideas for improving the new AccountRight. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

AccountRight

Report: Change of bank account detials

ASWatCR
Partner

239Posts

447Kudos

0Solutions

239 Posts
Partner
Australia

The audit trail DOES NOT show when bank account details have been changed (ie for suppliers/employees). 

It reports if the address/phone etc has been changed but not the bank account details. 

This is Fraud 101 - is this going to be fixed?

If I have misunderstood, please let me know, but a MYOB representative did confirm this for me.

"Audit trail does not show change in bank account details'

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: June 2014

Thanks again for all your feedback. Our head of development has confirmed that we do plan to further improve the audit trail. Please also note that with our new User Access Control feature introduced in 2014.2 you are now able to restrict users from being able to make changes to the Bank details for Suppliers and Employees. This will prevent the user from being able to see and change these details. You also now have the ability to set read-only access to cards. We will be considering further measures in a future release.

25 Comments
Ultimate Partner jenniek
2,372 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Please advise the status of this "planned" change - it has been some time since it was changed to "planned"

Community Manager Suja_P
5,784 Posts
Community Manager

Hi Michael (@LAMaccounts) Jennie (@jenniek) and Pam (@Pam_Pitt),

Thank you for your comments. We understand your concerns about data security and the importance of an audit trail report.

I have requested for an update on the status of this Idea from our product development team. Will post an update as soon as I have more information. Thank you for your patience in the meantime.

Regards,

Suja

Partner Beansmutts
14 Posts
Partner

This is not only a problem with BSB and account on electronic payments it is also a problem with Inventory Items on Sales/Purchases the account number shown is the one from the Inventory Item itself and not from the actual transaction.

Contributing Partner bwilgar
8 Posts
Contributing Partner

Can this audit trail be added to the API too so we can use this for our Employee Fraud add on product, thanks Brett

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
29,835 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi Everyone

Thank you for feedback and showing your support for this idea

We have decided to follow a slightly different path with this particular idea. Rather than a report, we have decided that when banking details for supplier and employee card in an online file the AccountRight Live Owner will receive an email with the updated details. The reason why we went down the email route is for a user to act more quickly should a bank account be changed fraudulently by another user.