Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Reports: Change of bank account detials

Partner

243Posts

464Kudos

0Solutions

243 Posts
Partner
Australia

The audit trail DOES NOT show when bank account details have been changed (ie for suppliers/employees). 

It reports if the address/phone etc has been changed but not the bank account details. 

This is Fraud 101 - is this going to be fixed?

If I have misunderstood, please let me know, but a MYOB representative did confirm this for me.

"Audit trail does not show change in bank account details'

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: March 2019

Hi Everyone

Thank you for feedback and showing your support for this idea

We have decided to follow a slightly different path with this particular idea. Rather than a report, we have decided that when banking details for supplier and employee card in an online file the AccountRight Live Owner will receive an email with the updated details. The reason why we went down the email route is for a user to act more quickly should a bank account be changed fraudulently by another user.

34 Comments
jenniek
Ultimate Partner
2,917 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Please advise the status of this "planned" change - it has been some time since it was changed to "planned"

Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Michael (@LAMaccounts) Jennie (@jenniek) and Pam (@Pam_Pitt),

Thank you for your comments. We understand your concerns about data security and the importance of an audit trail report.

I have requested for an update on the status of this Idea from our product development team. Will post an update as soon as I have more information. Thank you for your patience in the meantime.

Regards,

Suja

Beansmutts
Partner
51 Posts
Partner

This is not only a problem with BSB and account on electronic payments it is also a problem with Inventory Items on Sales/Purchases the account number shown is the one from the Inventory Item itself and not from the actual transaction.

bwilgar
Contributing Partner
9 Posts
Contributing Partner

Can this audit trail be added to the API too so we can use this for our Employee Fraud add on product, thanks Brett

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

Thank you for feedback and showing your support for this idea

We have decided to follow a slightly different path with this particular idea. Rather than a report, we have decided that when banking details for supplier and employee card in an online file the AccountRight Live Owner will receive an email with the updated details. The reason why we went down the email route is for a user to act more quickly should a bank account be changed fraudulently by another user.

Accountant_
4 Posts
Cover User

Hi, what if we keep the company file on our own server? Would I be able to receive email notification when supplier bank details changed? and how to set up?  I have granted other users  access to change supplier bank details. Please help. It looks really back to deny their access but I just want to track this not because I don't trust them. It is an essential security mechanism. It is urgent. Thank you! 

tac146
3 Posts
User

Our external auditors require a report of bank account detail changes for suppliers.

I know the administrator receives emails when changes happen, but we require a report for auditors.  Is there somewhere in MYOB Accountright that you can do this or is an upgrade coming to provide this report?

We will have to look at other accounting packages if MYOB can't provide this information.

Eswari
Contributing User
10 Posts
Contributing User

I am unable to find a report within AccountRight that provides information on changes to supplier bank accounts. The report needs to be run for a period, Start and End Date. The report should include changes to existing  supplier bank accounts and additon of bank account to new suppliers.

sseitz
1 Post
User

Dear MYOB,

I like the emails which we recieve however, I also believe being able to run an audit trail report would be most beneficial. We would also be able to see who has made the changes plus if we are looking at anti-money laundering we would want to see if a supplier is continually updating/changing their bank details.

Your recondieration to open this topic and add this as a new feature is greatly appreciated.

Beansmutts
Partner
51 Posts
Partner

Hi ASWatCSR

This is my process any time a bank account is changed:

1. Phone the main contact already on the card to confirm the change (including Staff)

2. Make a contact log entry dated 31/12/2999 (yes always this date) and in the Note 

The word Bank

Date of request for change

Date actually changed

(P) Previous bank details 

(N) New bank details

Who was spoken to and when

Who made the change on the system

eg Bank: 15/01/2021 18/01/2021 (P) 012-999 12345678 (N) 062-999 2112112 Jennifer Johnstone - Manager 16/01/2021 08:53am GKR

3. Email sent to contact to confirm we have changed the bank details on file

4. Copy of the Change request including the emailed confirmation is attached to the card

5. Each month (or when ever you want) run a contact log report for 31/12/2999

Hope this is of assistance

Gill