Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Report: Entitlement Balance [Summary] - Show 3 decimal places

Trusted Cover User

103Posts

126Kudos

5Solutions

103 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia

In the Employee Card File entitlements hours are shown using 3 decimal points even when processing a pay it is shown using 3 decimal points and the Entitlement Reports use 2 decminal points, could you please look at having the hours on the Reports using 3 decimal points, this assist with reconciling the leave reports.

The classic AccountRight V19.10 has 3 decimals points for hours on those reports; is there a reason for changing to 2 decimal points...this had made reconciling very difficult in V2015.1.

Please consider this to make our lives easier!!!

"Payroll Entitlements Balance Summary Report"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: June 2015

Hi @Mags

Thank you for your idea in regards to AccountRight and the Entitlement reports.

Currently AccountRight 201x will display the report with 2 decimal places where as other places will show 3 decimal places. I would encourage other users that would like to see the decimal places extended on that Entitlement Balance Summary report to vote and comment if required for this idea.

14 Comments
ASWatCR
Partner
243 Posts
Partner

Agree - this should be consistent. I have voted.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Mags

Thank you for your idea in regards to AccountRight and the Entitlement reports.

Currently AccountRight 201x will display the report with 2 decimal places where as other places will show 3 decimal places. I would encourage other users that would like to see the decimal places extended on that Entitlement Balance Summary report to vote and comment if required for this idea.

Mags
Trusted Cover User
103 Posts
Trusted Cover User

It would be great it the Payroll Leave Entitlements Report for hours has 3 decimal places instead of 2.

This would then match up the the Employee Card File that has 3 decimal places for entitlements.

Entitlements should always be 3 decimal places and would make reconciling the leave entitlements a lot easier then going into each individual employee's card file to reconcile the entitlements.

Please consider!!!

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Mags

Thanks for your additional feedback. I've merged this idea with your previous idea already included on the AccountRight Idea Exchange on the same topic.

Monkirby
2 Posts
Cover User

I agree.  It would be extremely helpful if the decimals would show 3 places.  I recently created a new company file and had to transfer 15 employees from the old file to the new one.  The entitlements report is not sufficient to use due to the lack of exact reporting.  Quite frustrating and time consuming having to open each employee card to check the exact entitlement balance.

How many people need to vote on this topic before MYOB acts on it?

TCNRW
2 Posts
Cover User

We have recently upgraded to Accountright 2017.1 and have also come across this issue.  To do our monthly reconciliation, we used to be able to print & save the Entitlements Balance Summary and save it for record keeping. We now have to access each individuals card to reconcile every month. This is extremely time consuming. 

I notice that this request was made back in April 2015. Can someone please provide us with an update. Is this being fixed?

If not, is there a work around for this issue?

Thanks

Mags
Trusted Cover User
103 Posts
Trusted Cover User

I agree this is extremely time consuming...I still haven't been able to find a work around for this issue and have to keep going into each Employee's Card List.

MYOB could at least provide a work around solution until they resolve this issue.

MLDavies
1 Post
Cover User

I am in total agreement with having the report to three decimal places.

Being forced to look up the 'true' balance for multiple employees is most inconveient

Mary-Louise Davies

WANADA

jrs
Partner
20 Posts
Partner

i agree with all the comments if you are going to accrue leave to 3 decimal places then the report showing the leave balances should be the same, and agree, very inconvenient to have to go into an individual card file to get the correct balance when we should be able to rely on the report

Frances12
3 Posts
User

I have recently transferred a bunch of leave entitlements to a new leave entitlement category. In Entitlement Balance report, I now have the balances looking great at zero, and a minimal value base leftover due to this isse - that I wans't aware of. This is really annoying and I am now trying to work out how to zero them all off. I don't trust the system now....