Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Report: Entitlement Balance [Summary] - Show 3 decimal places

Trusted Cover User

104Posts

120Kudos

5Solutions

104 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia

In the Employee Card File entitlements hours are shown using 3 decimal points even when processing a pay it is shown using 3 decimal points and the Entitlement Reports use 2 decminal points, could you please look at having the hours on the Reports using 3 decimal points, this assist with reconciling the leave reports.

The classic AccountRight V19.10 has 3 decimals points for hours on those reports; is there a reason for changing to 2 decimal points...this had made reconciling very difficult in V2015.1.

Please consider this to make our lives easier!!!

"Payroll Entitlements Balance Summary Report"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: June 2015

Hi @Mags

Thank you for your idea in regards to AccountRight and the Entitlement reports.

Currently AccountRight 201x will display the report with 2 decimal places where as other places will show 3 decimal places. I would encourage other users that would like to see the decimal places extended on that Entitlement Balance Summary report to vote and comment if required for this idea.

14 Comments
H-TS
Trusted User
461 Posts
Trusted User

I don't mind which way it goes, 2 or 3, as long as it's consistent throughout the whole system... If hourly rates and entitlement balances on cards stay at 3, then the report should be 3. If the report has to stay at 2, update everything else to only 2 as well...

oddcouple
3 Posts
User
The entitlement report should always show 3 decimal places, this should be a quick fix for MYOB to make it easier to reconcile leave entitlements every month without having to check the employee card file. Why hasn't this been resolved as a quick fix??? Why can't this be added as an option under the Insert / Modify section of the report??
Shenaid
2 Posts
User

I agree. The whole report is pointless because the data is incorrect with only 2 decmil places.

KathyCopeland
4 Posts
Cover User

Hi, 

I'm quite new to payroll but can already see how it would be useful to have the reports display to 3 decimal places.  I have to process 2 final pays today and it seems redundant to have to print an inaccurate report, then go into each individual's file to check the final numbers and amend.   

If it was 3 places before, I can't see why MYOB saw fit to change it in recent versions.