Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Report: General Ledger [Detail] - Tax column

Cover User

1Posts

65Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
Cover User

I wouldn't think this was a particularly difficult thing to 'add' in to MYOB general ledger detail reports (or in the GST/Tax area etc) but we definitely DO need to be able to simply customise our MYOB general ledger details report so as to 'add' a column on that report to show the GST claimed/paid in respect of ANY transaction.

This makes it very quick and easy to pick a particular account, have the appropriate column filters ON (including the tax amount column) to drill down and not only see account totals but to determine which PARTICULAR/INDIVIDUAL accounts have had GST treated correctly.

Exception reports are fine...but when explaining to a client, it is far easier to simply bring up an account and show them which accounts are not doing what we need/expect them to do.

By having a 'tax column' account, it will also benefit the accountant by totalling up the GST applicable to those transactions without meticulously wasting time clicking into transactions one at a time then manually adding up as a basis for a journal adjustment.

Quickbooks has this simple tax amount column available to ALL ledger transaction detail reports and I think it is long overdue in MYOB reporting. Very simple for accountants and clients to make use of...please add in ASAP!

I have attached a QB report which is just a basic drill down into the general ledger of 'bank fees' --> I simply select tax column and it shows me which transactions did or did not have GST claimed on them WITHOUT having to view all transactions for a month/quarter/year for ALL accounts.

An exception report is great for bookkeepers or those at a data entry level...the column I refer to is a simple addition which helps accountants check particular accounts at a quick glance and gives us the information in a split second including the totals which form the basis for any adjustment required.

I also discussed this with a MYOB training representative some time ago in Brisbane who advised that this functionality was not and was never part of the MYOB reporting system. A MYOB representative advised us late yesterday to submit this here in the hope that it would be considered and adopted in newer versions...please do!

"Tax Amount Column"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: March 2023

Hi Everyone

The General ledger report in the AccountRight browser interface will contain a tax column. This will showcase the total tax amount for that transaction. 

49 Comments
Natalie_Storer
Contributing Partner
8 Posts
Contributing Partner

It would be great to see the tax code applied on transactions in the General Ledger (detail) report. 

Natalie_Storer
Contributing Partner
8 Posts
Contributing Partner

It would be good to be able to have a column showing the GST code applied on transactions in the General Ledger Detail Report. 

Davidv
Trusted Partner
58 Posts
Trusted Partner

when will this be implemented ????

Sachin
Experienced Cover User
28 Posts
Experienced Cover User

It is very painful that we cant run a general ledger report with GST

James_M1
Partner
3 Posts
Partner

Hi there,

I'm an accountant and regular user of AccountRight and would love to see an option within the General Ledger Detail report to be able to add 'GST Rate Name' and 'GST Code' column within the report.

Thanks,

James

roxy06
1 Post
User

Yes please, I've been waiting for this, it would help greatly.

Lino
Partner
5 Posts
Partner

It's now been well over 6 years and no action by MYOB, extremely disappointing when all competitors provide this option.

lisamcc
1 Post
User

wow cant believe this hasnt been implemented yet.  seriously disappointing MYOB. 

Biancaf
1 Post
User

This original post is pretty old and nothing has been done so far. Is this something MYOB is looking into?

Chris_Webster
Experienced Partner
18 Posts
Experienced Partner

totally agree, only program i use that doesnt have this included in ledger reports.  have to run this and then a gst report, and u cant tie them together.  I have asked at last 3 partner connects and get told yeah great idea, we will get that done.  sick of mentioning it and getting the same answer