Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Report: General Ledger [Summary] - Include Current Year Earnings

Trusted Partner

24Posts

39Kudos

2Solutions

24 Posts
Trusted Partner
Australia

3-9000 used to show in V19 General Ledger Summary Report.

Can we get this back into the ARL releases please.

"Current Earnings not showing in General Ledger Summary Report'

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: March 2015

Hello @Greebo 

Thank you for your idea, this was removed from the Genera; Ledger Summary Report because you cannot directly code to this account. If there is anyone else out there that would like to see this back in the product, please cast a vote and comment and other information that is relevant. 

Kind regards,

Kat 

33 Comments
Michella
8 Posts
Cover User

Yes I agree, after many years of balanced reports, this one stumped me for a while.

Michella
8 Posts
Cover User

Me Again, I was actually talking about Account Right versions 2016 etc, the acc 3-9000 appears in V19

Simona
1 Post
Cover User

Who would've tought that a General Ledger would show different amounts for Debits and Credits? Is this for real?

Michella
8 Posts
Cover User

When is this prob;em I reported a year ago going to be addressed, seems to ba an issue with a lot of people.

Thanks Michella

TraceyR
Contributing Partner
18 Posts
Contributing Partner

How can such a simple problem take so long for MYOB to fix.  And yes, I mean fix.  It's not like a wishlist type item, the report is broken, it doesn't balance so it should be a top priority for MYOB to fix it back to how it was for many many years!

Michella
8 Posts
Cover User

Thanks TraceyR, yes i wonder when they will do anything about it, I also think it should be a priority.

LanceCameron
Partner
2 Posts
Partner

I agree with alot of the past posts.

We are Accountants and we expect  when we print off or review reports to see them BALANCE.

When printing a General Ledger Summary or  General Ledger Details  and the Debits and Credits do not BALANCE due to MYOB taking out an account

3-9000 Current year earnings with the thinking of its not required and is a  non postable account  defies Logic!

WHY CHANGE SOMETHING THAT IS FAMILIAR  TO HUNDREDS OF USERS AND ACCOUNTANTS AND MADE SENSE!!!!

THIS SHOULD BE A PRIORITY  EITHER REINSTATE IT BACK TO HOW MYOB ORIGINALLY WORKED  OR YOU HAVE TO STILL SHOW THE DEBIT SIDE OF THE  END OF YEAR ADJUSTMENT JOURNAL  SOMEWHERE IN THESE REPORTS  SO THEY MAKE SENSE!!!!

FRUSTRATED AND DISAPPOINTED!!!

Michella
8 Posts
Cover User

Thankyou Lance, about time someone got back onto this, it's been a year now.

Michelle

Picfin
1 Post
Cover User

Yes!! Please add the 3-0900 Current Year Earnings account back into the general ledger.

Marlston
Partner
13 Posts
Partner

We would like to see the general summary total debits equal total credits for a financial year report as we use the net movement to code the client's current year information into our accounting software