Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Report: General Ledger [Summary] - Include Current Year Earnings

Trusted Partner

24Posts

39Kudos

2Solutions

24 Posts
Trusted Partner
Australia

3-9000 used to show in V19 General Ledger Summary Report.

Can we get this back into the ARL releases please.

"Current Earnings not showing in General Ledger Summary Report'

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: March 2015

Hello @Greebo 

Thank you for your idea, this was removed from the Genera; Ledger Summary Report because you cannot directly code to this account. If there is anyone else out there that would like to see this back in the product, please cast a vote and comment and other information that is relevant. 

Kind regards,

Kat 

33 Comments
TraceyR
Contributing Partner
18 Posts
Contributing Partner

Come on MYOB.  We have had how many updates released? With how many new features...? How hard can it be to fix this, seriously!

Michella
8 Posts
Cover User

Tracey, yes it has been ages I have been waiting, lots of updates but to no avail, not being listened to.

Waterside
1 Post
Cover User

Please bring back current year earnings on General ledger report.  I cannot understand why it has been taken out.

TraceyR
Contributing Partner
18 Posts
Contributing Partner

Come on MYOB, it is very disappointing that you have not sorted this out.  It seems you put a lot of resources into marketing and new features, how about taking a little bit more notice of what your current users are asking. Please...

Scandas1981
2 Posts
User

I suggest you have your so called Program Developers rectify the issue and include the account 3-9000 Current Year Earnings when printing a General Ledger Summary or  General Ledger Details  so the Debits and Credits  BALANCE.

I see this has been an issue for quite some years, so what is MYOB doing about this????????

NOT HAPPY

MelissaL2013
Contributing Cover User
14 Posts
Contributing Cover User

As a result of the 3-9000 not showing on the reports it is making the General Ledger Summary report being unbalanced.

talikarng
1 Post
User

It would be a good idea if this could be added back in, it will save having to manually add it in.

Julie_B
Trusted User
230 Posts
Trusted User

I know there is another post about this, but can this code please be put back into the reporting?

When I print a report I expect it to balance!  I don't want to manually look at the difference to double check the current year earnings!  This is basic reporting.

I understand there is another thread from 2015 ... but it's obviously not being seen enough - or have we just shrugged our shoulders realising the the developers just aren't going to help us with this? 

Come on developers ... help us users out with this please.

Unistyles
3 Posts
User

End of financial year I can't balance G/L in MYOB, This issue took me a few days to check all of data and look at our accounts setting.   I approached MYOB team,  supprise me this matter carried on since 2015.

This sortware is not good enough for use. 

KentheBuilder
3 Posts
User

I also would prefer columns to balance as they have since double-entry bookkeeping began.  It is a fundamental rule which Developers must learn.

Like others above, I was confused at first and it took me a while to work out 3-9000 was missing from the GL reports.  I thought my file had a glitch.

Please fix this ASAP and while you are at it, please redesign the 'new' P&L and Bal Sht reports.  They were far better in v19 and earlier.  Now they resemble something designed without any input from Accountants or Bookkeepers.  For me they damage the brand by appearing to cater for people without any understanding of elementary bookkeeping principles.  Please let us raise the bar not lower it.

I look for forward to an early response.  Thanking you in anticipation.

Ken the Builder