Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Report: Job List - Date range filter

Experienced Cover User

17Posts

26Kudos

0Solutions

17 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

In Reports - Accounts - Jobs - Job list. Please add date range. At your current version, jobs can be filttered by job number, this is good but date range is more use friendly.

"Job profit and loss summary report"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: November 2014

Thank you for your clarification @Sara_Fuel. To be clear, it's not possible to add dates to the jobs list report. if you go to the lists menu and click jobs, you will see the jobs list. This is what the jobs list report shows. It is just a list that shows what jobs are in your file. It happens to include income and expense totals as they are attributes of jobs, but it gets that information from the job listings. There is no time associated with those numbers at all. The table the report comes from doesn't have the information your asking for. For this reason dates could not possibly be added to this report.

What would be needed would be an entirely new report that shows a single line for each job, including income, cost of sales, expense and net profit or loss, and can be filtered customer. This report would need to get it's information from the job transactions tables so that it could be filtered by date and show only jobs with activity in the selected range, as well as only showing activity against those jobs in the selected date range. Anyone would would like to a new report in this format, please cast your vote here. The title of this idea has been changed to reflect this.

12 Comments
Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff
Thank you for your post, Ausresearch. The Jobs list report like our other List (Cards, Items, Tax Codes) type reports do not filter by Date, as they are just a list of all Jobs, Cards and so on. When you say you would like to be able to filter by Date, were you hoping to filter by the Start dates of the Jobs or was it by Jobs transactions? If you would like to be able to filter by transaction dates, I would recommend the Jobs transaction report (Reports >> Accounts >> Jobs >>Job Transactions).
Sara_Fuel
Experienced Cover User
47 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi Suja

I have requested this as I am trying to do a quarterly summary of jobs per client which shows profit/loss per job.  I have attached a screen grab of the Job List report which details the exact information I need - it is a perfect summary report for each client which lists all of the jobs they have done and the profit/loss per job.  As there are no date filters, this report gives me a list of all jobs since I started using MYOB back in 2013.  I just want to be able to generate this exact report per quarter.  By adding a date range, this would resolve very easily.  Let me know if you think this would be something you would consider. Or if there is another report I can do to generate this same information.Screen Shot 2014-10-15 at 10.26.59 am.png

Many thanks

Sara

Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff

Hello @Sara_Fuel 

The job profit and loss report will give you the total income, cost of sales and expenses as well as net profit and loss for any selected period.

Regards

Liam

MYOB Support

Sara_Fuel
Experienced Cover User
47 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Yes Liam - I know.  But that report does not allow you to filter by client/customer.  Only jobs.  And each customer has over 1000 jobs.  And the output of the report is too detailed.  The screen shot I attached above is what I need.  A one line summary of the jobs associated with one customer.  A simple dated range added to the Job List report would solve everything!

Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you for your clarification @Sara_Fuel. To be clear, it's not possible to add dates to the jobs list report. if you go to the lists menu and click jobs, you will see the jobs list. This is what the jobs list report shows. It is just a list that shows what jobs are in your file. It happens to include income and expense totals as they are attributes of jobs, but it gets that information from the job listings. There is no time associated with those numbers at all. The table the report comes from doesn't have the information your asking for. For this reason dates could not possibly be added to this report.

What would be needed would be an entirely new report that shows a single line for each job, including income, cost of sales, expense and net profit or loss, and can be filtered customer. This report would need to get it's information from the job transactions tables so that it could be filtered by date and show only jobs with activity in the selected range, as well as only showing activity against those jobs in the selected date range. Anyone would would like to a new report in this format, please cast your vote here. The title of this idea has been changed to reflect this.

Sara_Fuel
Experienced Cover User
47 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Thanks for the clarification Liam.  I understand.  I totally vote for this to happen! I hope others do too!  If no one else responds, are we able to chat about a fee for someone to do this? Id be happy to pay.  Or is it far more complicated that that?

Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff

Hello @Sara_Fuel 

There are a number of third-party developers that do make add-on programs that connect to AccountRight, a lot of these are reporting or job tracking programs. You can browse a list of these here.

Add-on Solutions

You may be able to find a solution that already meets your needs, or a developer that can be able to assist you.

Sara_Fuel
Experienced Cover User
47 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Thanks Liam.  This would be perfect if I was using AccountRight.  But of course I am not ... I am on AccountEdge Pro and no one does these add-ons for AccountEdge.  I have been trying to resolve this for 18 months with no luck!

Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you for the update, @Sara_Fuel.

I can understand your frustration at not being able to extract the information that you are after and also to not be able to use a third party add on solution to help with this.

Your request has been passed on to our developers and we hope that this is brought about in a future update. Unfortunately we are unable to give you an estimated time frame on when this may be. 

Please continue to use the forum for any further queries you may have. 

Sara_Fuel
Experienced Cover User
47 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Thank you so much Suja!