Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Report: Job List - Date range filter

Experienced Cover User

17Posts

27Kudos

0Solutions

17 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

In Reports - Accounts - Jobs - Job list. Please add date range. At your current version, jobs can be filttered by job number, this is good but date range is more use friendly.

"Job profit and loss summary report"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: November 2014

Thank you for your clarification @Sara_Fuel. To be clear, it's not possible to add dates to the jobs list report. if you go to the lists menu and click jobs, you will see the jobs list. This is what the jobs list report shows. It is just a list that shows what jobs are in your file. It happens to include income and expense totals as they are attributes of jobs, but it gets that information from the job listings. There is no time associated with those numbers at all. The table the report comes from doesn't have the information your asking for. For this reason dates could not possibly be added to this report.

What would be needed would be an entirely new report that shows a single line for each job, including income, cost of sales, expense and net profit or loss, and can be filtered customer. This report would need to get it's information from the job transactions tables so that it could be filtered by date and show only jobs with activity in the selected range, as well as only showing activity against those jobs in the selected date range. Anyone would would like to a new report in this format, please cast your vote here. The title of this idea has been changed to reflect this.

12 Comments
Rakia_Stokell
Experienced Partner
64 Posts
Experienced Partner

I love the job list report that shows summary Job #, Name, Inc, COGS, Exps & Profit/Loss, however what I really really need is this same report customiseable by date. I need to run this report for a particular calendar month for managerial reporting purposes.

Jennifer_Kelly
Super Partner
492 Posts
Super Partner

Hi Rakia,

You would be able to get this type of more flexible Jobs reporting from some of the MYOB Add-on solutions, see http://myob.com.au/addons/

As an example below is a Jobs List report from our Software Business Intelligence for MYOB that is exactly as you described and can be set to run for any date range you choose, including accross financial years.

I have also set this to Group by the JOb header. You can also /filter for other dimensions e.g. for One or a number of Job Managers, Job Salesperson and or Jub Customer.

Screen Shot 2014-11-27 at 5.44.54 pm.png

Another popular Jobs report that is very usefull is a Job P&L by GL Account Pivoting by Job number (or Job header).  See below:

Screen Shot 2014-11-27 at 5.52.20 pm.png

These are all standard and can be exported to Excel.

I hope this helps.

Jennifer Kelly CA

www.BIforMYOB.com

02 8912 4120