Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Report: Job Profit & Loss Statement - Include $0.00 accounts

Ultimate Partner

4,553Posts

1,304Kudos

723Solutions

4,553 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia

Having just spent what seemed like ages juggling excel to align three job P&L's  with the Total P&L I was frustrated with the (my?)  inability to call up zero balances. Has it vanished or was it just me? The P &L and the Balance Sheet that should have big hot buttons to show acc# and zero balances

"Zero balances on job profit and loss"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: March 2023

Hi Everyone

The Job profit & loss comparison report has the ability to include accounts with zero balances. This report can be run for an individual job or multiple jobs.

11 Comments
KellieBB
Experienced Cover User
23 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I would like to be able to produce P&L's by job to include zero balances.  The reason for this is because I need to use budget analysis with variances (same as the consolidated P&L).  The only way I can get P&L by job with budget analysis (including variances) is to export to excel & use VLOOKUP.  The problem is that I must have all of the P&L's for each job identical line by line, and currently this version of MYOB doesn't enable me to produce accounts with a zero balance.

MickDevine
Valued Partner
242 Posts
Valued Partner

Hi Kellie

If you want an easier way to do job budgets have a look at our Calxa Premier. It does monthly budgets by job and has very flexible reporting around that. There's a 30 day free trial at http://www.calxa.com.au/free-trial/register

Mick

Julie_B
Trusted User
230 Posts
Trusted User

Hi KellieBB - which version of MYOB are you using?

KellieBB
Experienced Cover User
23 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I am using V19.7.  I have been using Calxa and the reports are great and it does report monthly budgets by job, but the problem is that MYOB only accepts annual figures for jobs and not monthly.  Therefore, Calxa is unable to recognise where some months have fluctuations.

Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff
Hello Ron While the regular profit and loss report does have the ability to include $0.00 balances, the job profit and loss report doesn't and hasn't in previous versions. I can see how this would make it hard to compare the two reports. I think this is a great suggestion that would receive a large number of votes on its own, so I have moved this comment to its own thread so that we can gauge the popularity of this idea.
teasalon
Contributing Cover User
16 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Every month, i go through the painful task of aligning P&L's extracted from myob to align with excel P&L.  To get zero account balances would be greatly appreciated.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @teasalon

Thanks for showing your feedback and voting for this particular idea.

S1
4 Posts
Cover User

Currently when you run the Job profit and loss it only shows you the accounts that the particular job has had expenses allocated to it, however when you are trying to compare against other jobs that have diffent expense allocations it is difficult to see easily what the differences are. What you be the easiest is like the Standard profit and loss where you can select include 0 account balances in the report customisation - if this was added to the Job report you would then be able to select this and then when you print the Jobs on separate pages clearly see what the jobs are or are not spending on and then report on the variances easily

"Job Profit and Loss - including Zero balance Accounts (same as standard P&L)"

Gunditj1
1 Post
User

Hi - did the adding the ability to include $0.00 balances ever get looked at - as it would be fantastic.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

The Job profit & loss comparison report has the ability to include accounts with zero balances. This report can be run for an individual job or multiple jobs.