Partner Zone

Share your ideas for improving the new AccountRight. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Report: Job Profit & Loss Statement - Multi Period

Cover User

2Posts

78Kudos

0Solutions

2 Posts
Cover User
Australia

Can you please add a Multi period profit and loss sheet in the reports as this would make it easier to filter the jobs that you are after for the profit and loss in that period. There is one i know under profit and loss mutli period but it gives you all the jobs together, It would be a great idea if we had one to seperate the jobs.

"Multi Period Profit and Loss report for Jobs"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: June 2014

Thanks for your suggestion Helen. Anyone else who would also like to see a multi-period job profit and loss report, please cast your vote here.

33 Comments
MargieL
5 Posts
Cover User

Thanks very much @Steven_M 

Perhaps you could also share with the team that the Job Reporting section also does not have the "Include Zero Balances" tick box, therefore when you are cobbling together information across financial years (double set of reports required), you also have to make sure that the line items line up because if there are no entries against particular income or expenditure items, then they are left out of the report, making the reconciliation task even more time consuming.  

This tick box is also already available in the existing Multi Period P & L report.

Thanks
Margie

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @MargieL 

Is there any particular report or just the Job reports in general that you were referring to?

MargieL
5 Posts
Cover User

Hi  @Steven_M 

Yes I am using the Job Profit & Loss Statement.  What I am trying to get is a multi period Job P&L the same as the one I can get out of the P & L section (Proft & Loss [Multi-Period]).  If there was a way to filter by Job in the Multi Period P & L that would work, OR if you could make the Job P & L Statement report be able to do multi period that would work, but you would also need to be able to have the "include zero balances" check box in there which it currently doesn't have.

If you wanted to speak further about this offline, I am happy for you to email me with your details and I can give you a ring to talk you through it.  If it is possible for the team to make these couple of enhancements it would save me a lot of time each month.  I can't be the only person who would use this functionality.

Cheers

Margie

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @MargieL 

Thank for clarifying what you have describing in regards to "Including zero balances" for job reporting and also a multiple period job report. I have shared your thoughts with the team.

JoNZ
1 Post
Cover User

I totally agree with Margie. I export P&L information to excel by job and then add them into a consolidated spreadsheet. It would be great to be able to have a multi-period P&L by job and also a monthly P&L by job. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE MYOB add this into the reports! How else can we see how each department is doing month by month or comparing to other departments each month? 

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @JoNZ

Thank you for your feedback in regards to idea. 

Along with commenting for an idea you can show your support by voting for an idea. To vote for an idea on the AccountRight Idea Exchange select the + Vote button to the left of the Idea's name.

BernadetteB
7 Posts
Cover User

I'd also love to see a multi period P&L for jobs.  

Another great feature would be the ability to consolidate the selected jobs so that you can have a multi period P&L for a number jobs.

CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff

Great suggestion @BernadetteB, I have passed on your feedback to our development team. 

I would encourage you to also add your vote to this idea by clicking on '+Vote' from the top left corner of this page, the votes would help our developers to priorities their work. 

ROG
Experienced Cover User
21 Posts
Experienced Cover User

When you add the multi-period job P&L can you please also include an option to report on INACTIVE jobs as well please?  at the moment I'm having to go back and make jobs active so I can sit here and run a monthly P&L for about 20 jobs going back about 5 years.  It's painfully time consuming!!  Thank you

KLL1984
2 Posts
Cover User

Hi,

I completely agree. Why are we not able to run a Profit and Loss across financial years? AccountRight Enterprise has this function so why not AccountRight? 

Is there some setting that we need to enable to make this happen in AccountRight?

I desperately need to run reports across financial years for our business's needs.

Please advise.

KLL