Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Report: Job Profit & Loss Statement -Header accounts to be included

Partner

1Posts

14Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
Partner
Australia
New
New

In the Job and Category Profit and Loss Statements, for some reason they do not have Level Reporting. The standard P&L does have various levels of reporting, but not the ones that for Jobs or Categories, not sure why or is there a way to do this?

Capture.PNG

"Level Reporting on Job & Category P&L"

9 Comments
Ski30
Experienced Cover User
23 Posts
Experienced Cover User

When running the Job Profit & Loss Statement in myob, can you PLEASE , PLEASE , PLEASE include the Option of running it by JOB HEADER, not just Job Detail.  We currently have to Customise Reports and then remember to add any new detailed Jobs to it, otherwise they don't balance to the Consolidated report. Very frustrasting and time consuming and also prone to error. The information is there is myob but cannot be utilised effectively.

All other information that currently shows up in myob under the Job Header is Life to Date, Not Year to Date, and cannot be used to drill down into the individual transactions. The sooner this happens the better.

Ski30
Experienced Cover User
23 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Need to be able to  run a Job Profit and Loss report by 'HEADER' job within MYOB? Can only run a P&L by 'DETAIL' Job. The information is all there, but frustratingly, the Header job's do not appear in the jobs list when running a Job Profit and Loss. Have to manually tick each detailed job and this extremely slow when there are many jobs, and more importantly, prone to errors in case jobs are incorrectly missed.

"Job Profit and Loss By Job Header"

JasmineLiu
Experienced Cover User
13 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I'm having the exact problems and saw your post while I was creating a new post. What is the point of having "Header Job" when you can't filter by it. 

Also when I review job list, the system groups the detail jobs under each header job. This is good but not good enough. First I CAN'T "exclude inactive jobs"; second, I can't sort the job list by Header Job then by their NAME, it's defulted to Job number. You have the group function but it's either grouped by Job number or Job name, it doesn't really help when I want to group them by header jobs then sort each group by Job number or Job name. 

AccountingPower
Valued User
194 Posts
Valued User

Hi

Contact me on the details below - I have a very easy solution that will do Job Header Profit and Loss Reports.

Matt Jones

AccountingPower

07 3102 8360

support@accountingpower.com.au

AccountingPower
Valued User
194 Posts
Valued User

I just did a YouTube video for you that shows a report in Excel that auto updates with Job Numbers and dynamically changes when you add new Job Numbers to your MYOB data file.

You can see the video with this link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8c6v5jHf7Oo

Matt Jones

AccountingPower

07 3102 8360

support@accountingpower.com.au

gettingtowork
Experienced Cover User
31 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I agree, trying to run detail job reports but also a sumarry to see all data - quite frustrating I can see this info only in the Jobs list with no way to adjust the $$ v date.

Ski30
Experienced Cover User
23 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Another update without adding 'Job Headers' in filter lists when running Profit and Loss Reports!! Very disappointing.

All Filter Lists that include 'Job Numbers' should also include the option of filtering  by 'Job Headers'.

MYOB would be so much more powerful  for its users. You should then be able to drill down to transactional level as in Job Profit and Loss Statement.

Any other option, (eg Excel spreadsheets) is either laborious, open to error, and does not drill down to transactional level.  Customising financial reports by Job Header are also not a viable option as these need to be continuously updated with every new Job.

I am yet to find an add on that can address all these issues. The information required is already in myob!! We just need to be able to access it when running financial reports.

TerenceF
3 Posts
Cover User

It rather makes me wonder why HEADER jobs were created if you cannot report by them ...

All the Accounts/Jobs reports need to be updated to allow a filter by HEADER - except of course the Job List report, which contains all Jobs in the System 

H-TS
Trusted User
461 Posts
Trusted User

It seems I'm wasting my time even bothering to comment, but the jobs P&L report is pretty well useless without being able to run it on header jobs, or to be able to see the job list in a level hierarchy. Our job numbers are allocated with increasing numbers across the whole company but they could belong to any of three departments. I can't sort by those departments to select them in the list and don't want to have to add another department signifier to the beginning of each job number as that just adds extra typing at the data entry stage. If we set up the hierarchy when creating the job, we should be able to report on it. It was suggested on another thread that we run a job list report to see the list of jobs in each header job but I still have to manually go and select those jobs to run the consolidated report.  Even that process is more time-consuming and cumbersome in AR than it was in classic version. At least on classic I could make the selection window bigger (from memory) and you could click anywhere on the line to select the job instead of having to line up the mouse with the box.

And yes, I know there are add-on solutions to this problem but we pay enough already each year for this software and I would just like to easily extract the data that's there. This is such a simple request. Why should we have to pay for MORE software?

And the option to save a custom report isn't much help either since whenever a new job is added, the report becomes obsolete.