Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Report: Job Transactions [Accrual] - Allocation memo column

Cover User

5Posts

38Kudos

0Solutions

5 Posts
Cover User
Australia

Please  add  ALLOCATED MEMOs  to HIDE/SHOW   box  in  REPORTS - JOB-Transactions.  This was a feature in 19.9  but has been omitted from 2013.2.   This is a feature that is required by our company.   Because it is missing I now have to revert back to 19.9  and redo  3 weeks work.......Not happy.

"Detailed Job Report"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: September 2013

44 Comments
TheGlebeMgmt
Contributing Cover User
13 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Hi HeatherDBS

It seems they have merged the ideas together in the forum.

I certainly posted my request as a new idea, and it is now included in this thread created by BernadetteB

Cheers Andie

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @HeatherDBS

As @TheGlebeMgmt has indicated, I've merged/moved the idea you and @TheGlebeMgmt where commenting on along with the feedback and votes to this idea already included on the AccountRight Idea Exchange.

A direct link to the merged idea, if you require it, is : Job Transaction (Accrual) Allocation memo as an available column option

HeatherDBS
Experienced Cover User
126 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Such a shame this wasn't implemented into the recent upgrade... #PleaseFixThisASAP

FrankieSyd
2 Posts
Cover User

Has anyone found a solution to include the 'Allocation Memo' field to the Job Transaction Report?

We rely heavily on this report to perform our analysis and for our management report. We have contacted MYOB Techinical Support numerous times and was told this won't be implemented anytime soon. This field was available to include in the report in AccountRight v19 but somehow the developers have removed it in AccountRight2016.

It would be good if someone from MYOB would explain why this was removed in AccountRight2016 and when will this be reinstated?

Cheers

Frank

HeatherDBS
Experienced Cover User
126 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi @FrankieSyd,

I haven't found a workaround yet. Just more frustration and impatience. We upgraded from v19 to 2016 after considering a number of other software packages as well. Decided to stick with what we knew (MYOB) and found so many features of v19 were not available in 2016. So much for an upgrade. Probably wouldn't make the same decision if we had to make it over again.

The closest I've come is using the job activity detail report which provides the allocation information but it doesn't provide the helpful full job summary requested in the original post so it's pretty much useless unless you're looking for one particular transaction and you know what was in the memo.

Will be interested to see when this is fixed, or if anyone else has found a workaround, as I truly believe it is a fix request not an "enhancement" or "new idea".

#RantOver

Meegies
Experienced Cover User
35 Posts
Experienced Cover User

We haven't found one either.

Not ideal.

FrankieSyd
2 Posts
Cover User

Hi @HeatherDBS and @Meegies

I totally agree with you that it’s definitely not an ‘enhancement’ or ‘new idea’ considering it was there in the previous version. It is very frustrating to say the least. It's perplexing that they have the ‘Allocation Memo’ field option for the Job Activity Report but not the Job Transaction Report. And even then it is not showing for certain transactions, in particularly the PJ and SJ source types.

We are looking at getting a totally new, more robust system for our growing business, but given the issues I have experienced with this version upgrade, I would be reluctant to go with MYOB.

Please get your act together MYOB, and include the ‘allocation memo’ field to the Job Transaction Report as many of us have requested!!!

Cheers

Frank

oxfam
Experienced Cover User
24 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Yes, the Allocation Memo field should be avaliable for all transaction line item reports I think!

HeatherDBS
Experienced Cover User
126 Posts
Experienced Cover User

4 years since the original request was submitted. Obviously not a high priority with only 22 votes but pretty annoying for those 22 users and countless others who don't bother to access the forum or don't know it exists.

TCNRW
2 Posts
Cover User

We have just updated to the new online version and now discovered that a report that we use on a daily basis is no longer available to us and there is no viable work around for it!! Not Happy!!

Can MYOB please add back in the "Allocation Memo" field to the Job Transactions Report ASAP!!

This report allows us to obtain a detailed list of materials purchased for a job by providing the "Description/Allocation Memo" field from the entered purchase. We would usually then extract and then sort the data by our entries made in the "Comments" field of each purchase.

I have found that the Job Activity Detail Report seems to bring up the "Description" field from the Purchases Register but then has no option to add the "Comments" field.

The failure of MYOB to include this in the new online version will add significant time and cost to our business operations.