Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Report: Job Transactions [Accrual] - Allocation memo column

Cover User

5Posts

38Kudos

0Solutions

5 Posts
Cover User
Australia

Please  add  ALLOCATED MEMOs  to HIDE/SHOW   box  in  REPORTS - JOB-Transactions.  This was a feature in 19.9  but has been omitted from 2013.2.   This is a feature that is required by our company.   Because it is missing I now have to revert back to 19.9  and redo  3 weeks work.......Not happy.

"Detailed Job Report"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: September 2013

44 Comments
Nada_1977
Partner
2 Posts
Partner

MYOB used to include the allocation memo on the Job Transactions Accrual report that was quite handy to see the manuall entered descriptions on the income and cost of sales coded to each job.

This is handy when you want to know why costs were higher then usual or why a discount was given.

Not sure why it was brought forward on other job reports and not this one as this one shows the net position on each job.

Need it back please!

HeatherDBS
Experienced Cover User
126 Posts
Experienced Cover User

@Barry_C, @Steven_M or anyone else at MYOB.

There has been no response or update from MYOB in regards to this request since June 2016 that I can see.

Could we PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE get this fixed. The "work around" Job Activity [Detail] report is really not cutting it for larger jobs since it is broken up into general ledger account groups. If the allocation memo can't be added back to the Job Transactions report as a selectable field, perhaps the Job Activity [Detail] Report could be modified to include an option to "combine all ledger accounts" or something... Exporting to excel and deleting unnecessary lines is also time-consuming and annoying.

The data is all there. Surely this is simply a "tick" to include this information or link to that table? If not, could you please explain the reasoning behind this option being left out in the so-called "upgrade" to cloud-based AccountRight, if it was in fact a conscious decision by the developers?

I know we are far from being your biggest or most important client, but I would really appreciate it if the current software bugs and features could be fixed before you invest time and money developing new features. Except emailing receipts - please feel free to implement that as soon as humanly possible.

Another end of financial year is approaching. After being a MYOB user for over 20 years, I'm not in a hurry to change but with Xero recently introducing job/project tracking, maybe it's time to revisit our pros and cons list comparing Xero and MYOB.

EvB
2 Posts
Cover User

Previously the Allocation Memo column was available in the "Job Transactions [Accrual]" report.  When we upgraded to the online version we were not told that some features would no longer be available.  Had we known we would not have upgraded.  The Allocation Memo column is critical to our company and needs to be reinstated ASAP. 

EvB
2 Posts
Cover User

Totally agree, this needs to be fixed ASAP.  If we had known that this feature was no longer available we would never have moved across to the cloud based MYOB.  When you upgrade a product you do not expect to lose functionality.  

We also will be looking into Xero as an option going forward.   

Marydemo
2 Posts
Cover User

x

Meegies
Experienced Cover User
35 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I agree.

The amount of time that not having this simple option wastes for me every month is frustrating.

A reply from MYOB would be very much appreciated.

Kind regards

HeatherDBS
Experienced Cover User
126 Posts
Experienced Cover User

What do we need to do to have this fix included in the next update? Because it really is a fix and not an enhancement. Do you take bribes? Smiley Happy Some weeks it feels like every day there's another reason we should have stuck with classic or moved to a different program instead of "upgrading" to accountright.

Telfer
1 Post
User

Need help

Journal entries with memo information on right hand side not showing up in the job costing like they did in Version 19 Premier

PQPAust
5 Posts
Cover User

Version 19 showed the Allocation Memo in the report - this is now not available as a Add/Hide option in the Job Activity (detail) report.  I sucks as I cannot see what the items are line by line in the purchase or sale, and the column "Memo"is useless - it needs to be supplier or customer name, and the Description from sales or purchases.  Please fix, I'm very disappointed in AccountRight 2019.4. 

J-H
Experienced Cover User
48 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi PQPAust,

I agree in regard to the "line by line: in the purchase or sale.

We use the Job Transactions [Accrual] for all projects and have to oncharge materials etc to our clients in a detailed format.

MYOB - can you please look at this - we use your software because of the job-costing and prior to using accountright we had Premier 19 the Job cost transaction report was excellent as it was line by line as per the invoice.  Now it has all the different materials from each line crammed into one line and a total at the end.  Using Items is not acceptable for the style of our business. 

We have been using a custom report from "Payables-Purchase Invoice Check [Supplier Detail] but there is no additional filter to select a "Job No" so having a large number of Projects/Jobs it takes a lot of hours to export to excel and manipulated the date to provide the information required.

I have flagged this problem for since moving to Accountright 2016  and have seen many other users with the same problems - can you please make the

Job Cost area work properly?!