Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Report: Job Transactions [Accrual] - Include order transactions

1Posts

16Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
User
New Zealand

There is no report for "orders" to a specified "job number".

At the end of a job it is imperative to know if there are any outstanding orders/purchase invoices pending so you can charge your client and not miss an invoice that has yet to be received.

"reporting on orders to specific job number'

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: July 2015

Hi @simply

Thank you for your feedback in regards to AccountRight and job reporting.

By default a order doesn't have any accounts behind it and therefore doesn't have an job cost associated with that. Having said that I can see the benefit of making sure that orders are paid for and a job order report would make that process easier. I would encourage  users that would like to see this added with future releases to vote and comment if required for this idea.

Currently the workaround as mentioned by @Jennifer_Kelly would be an add on solution.

11 Comments
SFlint
Contributing Cover User
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Please, please, can you put an option in to search Purchase Orders by Job Number, this is impeding our business to the extent that we are about to bin MYOB.

Julia_Berkhout
Super Partner
326 Posts
Super Partner
Hi, You might find using the find transactions job tab and selecting purchases journal and refining by dates may help you get by until Myob can add this feature for you. Hope this Helps. Regards,
Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,839 Posts
Ultimate Partner

In the case of purchase orders, there is no transaction to find.

Julia_Berkhout
Super Partner
326 Posts
Super Partner
Ok thanks! I obviously didn't read that properly, another suggestion is use job number in purchase order number field or invoice number field maybe, with -1,2 etc if need be and then search function in find transactions area would be useful perhaps
Josie
MYOB Staff
22 Posts
MYOB Staff

It would be great to have a Job Report than includes, Purchase Orders, not just Bills.  Appreciating that they are not transactions it would help greatly with W.I.P.

Josie
MYOB Staff
22 Posts
MYOB Staff

Is there a way to include WIP Orders on JOB reports so we can see what income is yet to be invoiced?

Jennifer_Kelly
Super Partner
492 Posts
Super Partner

Hi,

Some of the Advanced reporting Addon Solutions will be able to help you with this, see - http://myob.com.au/addons/

As an example our software Business Intelligence for MYOB is ale to report accross PO's still in the Order status, by Job number.  

See the example screen shot below, this shows:

- Detail PO lines showing PO #, date, Supplier, line description

- Subtotaled by Job number - you can Filter for selected jobs

- Includes PO in Closed/Open and Order Status you could Filter for just the Order Status

Purchae Order by Job.png

In addition to the above you would also get many other very useful Job reports to help you manage profitability by Job, by Manage by customer etc.

All details on our website including a 14 day free trial at www.BIforMYOB.com.

I hope this helps.

Jennifer Kelly CA

BI for MYOB

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @simply

Thank you for your feedback in regards to AccountRight and job reporting.

By default a order doesn't have any accounts behind it and therefore doesn't have an job cost associated with that. Having said that I can see the benefit of making sure that orders are paid for and a job order report would make that process easier. I would encourage  users that would like to see this added with future releases to vote and comment if required for this idea.

Currently the workaround as mentioned by @Jennifer_Kelly would be an add on solution.

ORDERS_ISSUE
7 Posts
Cover User

Desperately need there to be a report so you can print off all Purchase Orders created in relation to a certain job number.

ORDERS_ISSUE
7 Posts
Cover User

Purchase Order as in purchases that have been generated as an order. (window colour yellow)