Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Report: Job Transactions [Accrual] - Include order transactions

1Posts

16Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
User
New Zealand

There is no report for "orders" to a specified "job number".

At the end of a job it is imperative to know if there are any outstanding orders/purchase invoices pending so you can charge your client and not miss an invoice that has yet to be received.

"reporting on orders to specific job number'

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: July 2015

Hi @simply

Thank you for your feedback in regards to AccountRight and job reporting.

By default a order doesn't have any accounts behind it and therefore doesn't have an job cost associated with that. Having said that I can see the benefit of making sure that orders are paid for and a job order report would make that process easier. I would encourage  users that would like to see this added with future releases to vote and comment if required for this idea.

Currently the workaround as mentioned by @Jennifer_Kelly would be an add on solution.

11 Comments
Jennifer_Kelly
Super Partner
492 Posts
Super Partner

Hi Debbie,

I wanted to update my earlier post to let you know we have just released a new Job Report (Job Actual v Budget (inc Orders)) that will help you to monitor all of your jobs and in particular any Outstanding Purchase and Sales Orders that may not yet have been billed.

This one report includes:

• Actuals (Income, COS, Expenses, Profit, Margin)
  • Budget (Total Job Budget)
  • Variance (Actual v Budget)
  • Less: Purchase Orders - Still on Order and yet to come in
  • Plus: Sales Orders - Income yet to be Invoiced
  • Estimated Job Profit - $
  • Estimated Job GP - %

You can filter for one job, All Active Jobs, by Job Manager, by Start or Finish date, by Customer or by Job header etc.

The layout is as follows and you can hide columns if say you do not use MYOB Job budgets.

Job Actual v Budget (Inc Orders).png

A guide to using this report is on our Help Centre - Click here to read.

Our clients are also using this one report to calculate the Job WIP each month end.

All details and you can Sign up for a 14 day free trial on our website at www.BIforMYOB.com.

Jennifer Kelly CA