Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Reports: On which customer cards are on credit hold

Cover User

1Posts

77Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
Cover User
Australia

It is one of the most important of all areas for all businesses to keep a tight reign on cash flow and overdue accounts, buy MYOB lets us down badly in credit managment reporting.

Need a simple overdue customer report which can be filtered by all customers who are one or two terms past their invoice term.

Need a report which lists all customers currently on credit hold

Need a report which lists all customers over their credit limit.

Also it would be excellent to see if a customer is on credit hold when you are processing payments.  (Like it comes up when you are invoicing)  That red flag would alert you to check if that customer can come off credit hold.  At present every single payment for every customer has to be checked by zooming into the card to check if they were previously on credit hold.  A big waste of time!!

Please, please fix these things...

"Customer credit control"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: September 2013

Thank you for the post. We agree these would be very handy reports to have to help with credit management. I request others to vote on this idea and add any relevant comments.

30 Comments
Jocenimlok
1 Post
Cover User

We have a number of branches who enter their own sales invoices in MYOB.  Our head office looks after credit control however customer payments are also entered by a number of staff.

Without the list of customers on credit hold it is far too difficult to track which ones should be removed.  Sales to customers are therefore delayed as branches don't have the authority to take a customer off hold.

Why provide this function if we can't even track it.  

Affirmations
1 Post
Cover User

A report for those marked on "Credit Hold" would be very, very useful

kefraser
1 Post
User

6 years since this post started and still not available. I only have the trial version but not sure I will be going ahead as this is an important feature for our business.

Need reports

Customers on hold
Customer total owing vs customers credit limit.

accountsjane
4 Posts
Cover User

I agree that it would be an exceptional report and both timesaving where you have different departments that invoice to that of the credit controller.

To have to keep a list outside of MYOB seems archaic.

Marian2
2 Posts
User

We regularly use the credit hold function and sometimes people pay and as taking them off is manual it can be missed. You can understand their frustration.  If we could run a report regularly on who is listed on credit hold then it can pick up on these errors.  

Comfab
1 Post
User

Agreed. It would be a great tool to be able to print a report for all customers on Credit Hold. Plus also a nudge to take them off credit Hold when they have paid their account and are within the agreed terms once again. Or even an automatic removal when the overdue account has been paid.

naomiacute
Experienced User
21 Posts
Experienced User

There is not currently a report that shows all of my account customer balance and limit on one page. I have to look at another of my programs to gather all of this information in one place. 

Having one report with all of this information would save a lot of time. 

Bluewren
Partner
21 Posts
Partner

I seem to have a lot of customers on credit hold for one of my clients. 

Would be very convenient to have a report of these customers to send to my client and also as a reminder to myself. 

GemmaE
1 Post
User

Have we got this report yet as this would be very handy! 10 years seems a little crazy if still not available?

Earl_HD
MYOB Moderator
3,119 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @GemmaE,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forum!

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. Your enthusiasm for this report is truly appreciated! Our development team is dedicated to working on feature requests, prioritizing them based on user feedback. Your input is incredibly valuable as it helps us understand which features are most essential for our users. While the specific report you've mentioned may not be available at the moment, please know that your interest has been duly noted and contributes to our ongoing development decisions. Your feedback plays a crucial role in shaping our priorities and enhancing the experience for everyone. We'll keep you informed of any progress on this feature. 

In the meantime, if there's anything else we can assist you with, please don't hesitate to reach out. Thank you for being a valued member of our community!

Regards,
Earl